Anthony is the blue Wiggle and the founding member of The Wiggles. Out of all The Wiggles, he's the only one who's stayed for all 25+ years they've been around. As such, the new generation wiggles sometimes refer to Anthony as a 'wise senior Wiggle' and he often calls them 'young' in return.
Anthony is well known for being the Wiggle who's always hungry, and is also known for playing multiple instruments in the band such as the drums, trumpet, guitar, bagpipes, violin, tin whistle, kazoo and more recently; the banjo. The drums were Anthony's main instrument for a while but once the new generation came around, he became the main guitarist, but still plays the drums on occasion.
In 1992, when the Wiggles first got their skivvies, Anthony was the Green Wiggle, although his shirt in Here Comes a Song is either light blue or aqua. He wore a short sleeved shirt. He wore green possibly due to his Irish heritage. From 1996 onward, he became blue because Dorothy was already green.
He plays the guitar a lot now, instead of dancing but there are still songs like Do the Propeller!, Hot Potato, and Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?) where he doesn't play the guitar nor any other instruments.
In the original generation, Anthony was sort of a tertiary singer. But in the current generation due to his limited vocal range, he is the only Wiggle of the current generation who doesn't sing. He does sing a verse or two in songs like I've Got My Glasses On! and Do the Skeleton Scat! but other than that, he never sings lead.
- He is the oldest and only wiggle of the current generation who has been in all the videos.
- Anthony is the only original Wiggle who is still in the cast and appears regularly.
- He has only missed a few tours.
- In the early TV Series, he has a room, but in the later TV Series, it was removed for unknown reasons.
- He is allergic to peanut butter in Surfer Jeff.
- In later videos, Anthony is often seen barefooted as it is more comfortable for him. This was acknowledged in the Rubber Boots song and in Taking Off!.
- He wears glasses in Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle!.
- From 1992 to 1996, Anthony occasionally wore a green short-sleeved shirt.
- In The Wiggles Movie and Building Blocks, he goes crazy when he hears someone blow the whistle, and Murray tries to warn whoever blows the whistle not to do so, but they blow the whistle anyway
- He eats eggs, sausages, potatoes and buttered toast for breakfast.
- In Manners, Dorothy mentions that he likes to eat brussel sprouts.
- According to an interview with Jeff Fatt, Anthony originally did the sleeping gag, but later passed it onto Jeff because they both felt the gag suited him more.
- He didn't speak in Compliments of Brach's and The Wiggles.
|Current Main Characters||Emma Wiggle - Simon Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle - Anthony Wiggle - Captain Feathersword|
|Former Main Characters||Greg Wiggle - Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Sam Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster - Wally the Great|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|