|Apples & Bananas|
March 5, 2014 (AUS/NZ)
45:13 (AUS Version)
Hot Potatoes! The Best of The Wiggles (2014 version)
Wiggle House (2014)
Apples & Bananas is the tastiest treat for children since tea time! Twenty-two bite-sized nursery rhymes and songs that have been sung by children for hundreds of years have now been given The Wiggles' special musical magic! Sing along with special guest Lee Hawkins to 'This Little Piggy Went to Market' and with the delightful Dennisha Pratt on 'Miss Polly Had a Dolly'. There's the "spider-iffic" actions of 'Itsy Bitsy Spider', Dorothy the Dinosaur swings on 'Shortnin' Bread', then we jump on board for 'The Wheels on the Bus' and 'This Old Man Came Rolling Home'! The Wiggles travel across the globe to Ireland for 'I'll Tell Me Ma' and 'Michael Finnegan' and then over the continent for the delightful French song 'Sur le Pont d'Avignon'. With centuries of songs served up fresh for your child, Apples & Bananas is certainly "a-peeling"!
- Apples and Bananas
- One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Once I Caught a Fish Alive
- This Little Piggy Went to Market
- Shortnin' Bread
- Anthony Rowley
- This Old Man Came Rolling Home
- The Four Presents
- The Wheels on the Bus
- What's Your Favourite Nursery Rhyme?
- Miss Polly Had A Dolly
- I'll Tell Me Ma
- Fa La Ninna
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Miss Lucy Had a Ducky
- Sur le Pont d'Avignon
- Do Your Ears Hang Low?
- Down by the Bay
- Michael Finnegan
- Las Golondrinas
- Open, Shut Them
More coming soon!
- Australia and New Zealand: March 5th, 2014 (ABC for Kids/Village Roadshow)
- North America: August 26, 2014 (NCircle)
- December 8, 2017 (Treehouse TV)
- April 7, 2018 (Universal Kids)
- This video marked:
- The first video where the purple wiggle does not fall asleep at any point through the entire video.
- The first video where Lachy doesn't fall asleep.
- The first Wiggles video to be released after the one year anniversary of the New Generation.
- The first Wiggles video that Captain Feathersword has a few non-speaking cameo appearances, despite his name appearing in the opening titles and end credits.
- "Michael Finnegan" was shown on the Go Santa Go! DVD as a bonus feature. The title card of the DVD also makes its first discovery.
- An alternate version of the song with Simon and Anthony was shown in Ready, Steady, Wiggle! (TV Series 1) before The Wiggles even filmed/recorded the version used in this video.
- "The Four Presents" from the Big Red Car album finally makes its video debut. "A Froggy He Would A-Wooing Go" form the 1991 album also makes its video debut but it's titled as "Anthony Rowley".
- The Dorothy the Dinosaur dolls are used in the song Shortnin' Bread as Dorothy's children.
- Dennisha Pratt (from Sprout's The Sunny Side Up Show) guest stars in this video as Miss Polly in "Miss Polly Had A Dolly".
- Anthony plays the drums again in this video.
- The second time Captain Feathersword plays red Maton acoustic guitar. The first time was Wiggly Safari.
- Lee Hawkins guest stars in this video in "This Little Piggy Went to Market".
- An alternate version of the song with Lee Hawkins was shown in Ready, Steady, Wiggle! (TV Series) before The Wiggles even filmed/recorded the version used in Apples & Bananas.
- Caterina Mete reprises her role as "The lady with the Polka-dotted purse" from Pop Go The Wiggles!.
- "Miss Lucy Had a Ducky" has similar lyrics to "Murray Had A Turtle". Some lyrics stayed the same, while others were changed.
- The red Maton acoustic guitar returns in this video.
- The Wiggles sing "Pufferbillies" around the red Santa Fe Caboose, In Shockton, Texas, although it has nothing to do with the other song "Little Red Caboose Behind the Train".
- For some unknown reason, in this release the Pufferbillies song title is changed to Little Pufferbillies.
- "Pufferbillies" lyrics are changed just a slight bit. The only lyric changed is "See the engine driver" from "See the station master".
- In the intro for "This Old Man Came Rolling Home", when Lachy describes the characteristics for who should play the old man, He describes Anthony's characteristics so Anthony was the old man in the song.
- The background music from "One, Two, Three, Four, Five" is the same music used in the 2008 version in The Wiggles' Sing a Song of Wiggles release.
- Songs from this video can be seen in Ready, Steady, Wiggle! TV Series 2.
- The song "Pufferbillies" appeared in this video for the first time in 16 years.