|Big Red Car|
Full Video Cover
October 9, 1995 (AUS)
Early - Mid 1995
Yummy Yummy (1994)
Wake Up Jeff! (1996)
"Big Red Car" (titled "Dance Party" in the US and Canada) is the third Wiggles video released on October 9, 1995. This marks the debut of Wags the Dog and two vehicles, the titular Big Red Car and The S.S Feathersword.
The video was remade in 2006 as Here Comes The Big Red Car.
Note: All songs were from the album of the same name except where noted otherwise. See here for more information on the album.
- Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?)
- Wags the Dog
- Five Little Joeys
- Di Dicki Do Dum
- I'm a Cow
- Do the Flap
- On Your Holiday
- Hat On My Head
- Greg's Magic Show - "The Magic Bag" - not on album
- Brown Girl In The Ring
- Georgia's Song
- Our Boat Is Rocking On The Sea (from The Adventures Of Captain Feathersword, The Friendly Pirate)
- Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo
- Dorothy's Dance Party
- Big Red Car
The Wiggles arrive at home. Jeff, although driving, has fallen asleep. 1, 2, 3, Wake up, Jeff! Greg starts to ask him again, but Jeff's fallen asleep again (he's wearing a more complete sleepsuit this time, a night shirt, a night cap and a candle). 1, 2, 3, Wake up, Jeff! So they say that Jeff needs to do a warm up and the Can you point your fingers and do the twist.
Murray walks in carrying a plate of bones for a dog named Wags. Anthony thinks about eating for a second and that he is really hungry but Murray reminds him it's for Wags. Anthony then imitates a dog. The others laugh.
- Song 2: "Wags the Dog"
Anthony talks about the Five Little Joeys.
- Song 3: "Five Little Joeys"
Anthony introduces Di Dicki Do Dum.
- Song 4: "Di Dicki Do Dum"
The Wiggles dress up as cows and Jeff talks about cows.
- Song 5: "I'm a Cow"
When the Wiggles start to flap like a bird, they start to fly up into the sky.
- Song 6: "Do the Flap"
Murray, Anthony and two kids are on the couch looking at all of the pictures that Murray is showing that what he has done on his holiday, then Anthony is talking about what they did on their holiday.
- Song 7: "On Your Holiday"
The Wiggles are wearing hats in different places such as the sun, fishing, horse riding and playing the bagpipes.
- Song 8: "Hat On My Head"
Anthony asks Greg if he can do some magic tricks (claps hands) for everybody. Greg said he'd love to. Anthony says there's one problem; they should ask the kids first. Greg agrees. As Anthony leaves, Greg asks the camera if you want to see some magic tricks? Oh, they do! He slaps hands with Anthony who appears in and out briefly. Greg needs some magic things. First, he needs his magic cape. Anthony arrives with a cape and Greg puts that on. Now he needs a magic hat. Anthony arrives with a hat and Greg puts that on too. And most importantly he needs his magic wand. Anthony arrives and gives him the wand. Greg puts away the wand for now since there's something very special he wants to show you.
- Song 9: "The Magic Bag"
Greg goes to a small table behind him and gets a bag with magic hankies in it. He shows the inside of the bag and there's nothing there "hello hello". He waves the wand over the bag and then reaches in but there's no magic hankies! He shows everyone the inside of the bag again and it's empty. Oh, he forgot to say the magic words. How silly. He asks the audience if they can all help him say the magic words which are "Wiggle Waggle." And wave your fingers in the air at the count of 3. Greg counts to 3 and waves his fingers at the bag, saying "Wiggle Waggle!" Greg looks surprised. He reaches in and pulls out a pink hankie. Let's try again. He shows the bag is empty and then readies everyone for the count to 3. 1, 2, 3, Wiggle Waggle. Greg reaches in and pulls a green magic hankie. Let's try one more time. Maybe they can get a big magic hankie. Here we go, 1, 2, 3, Wiggle Waggle. Greg pulls out a huge magic hankie. Put your hand up if you did that. Wow, it's bigger than I thought. It's time for another trick. He has a vase of magic flowers. Well the vase is empty but with some magic we can get some. He takes the big magic hankie and covers the vase. He asks for help one last time. 1, 2, 3, Wiggle Waggle. He pulls the hankie and the vase is full of flowers! Anthony asks the audience if they helped and to give yourselves a magic clap. Anthony claps and he and Greg disappear.
- Song 10: "Brown Girl In The Ring"
Murray is making a game two kids have to guess what these things are like smell and feel.
- Song 11: "Georgia's Song"
Jeff is playing dress up with other kids. They are dressing up as pirates. Jeff tells that he has a friend who is a pirate who is Captain Feathersword. So Jeff tells everyone if they would like to have a ride on Captain Feathersword's friendly pirate ship.
- Song 12: "Our Boat Is Rocking On The Sea"
Now that they're on dry land, Captain Feathersword suggests to The Wiggles and the other pirates that they do a pirate dance together.
- Song 13: "Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo"
Greg meets Henry the Octopus and Dorothy the Dinosaur. Dorothy is having a dance party and everyone's invited!
- Song 14: "Dorothy's Dance Party"
The Wiggles say goodbye and they run to the Big Red Car for a drive.
- Song 15: "Big Red Car"
- Henry's Dance (Seen in Yummy Yummy (1994 video) (Instrumental is in the credits)
- The Four Presents
- Teddy Bear Hug (Seen in Yummy Yummy (1994 video)
- Here We Go Dorothy
- Pufferbillies (Seen in Yummy Yummy (1998 video)
- Joannie Works With One Hammer (Seen in Yummy Yummy (1994 video)
- My New Shoes
- I Am A Dancer (Seen in Yummy Yummy (1994 video)
- Written by: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field and Gregory Page
- Directed by: Phillip Cullen
- Produced by: John Spence
- The Wiggles are: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field and Greg Page
- Prop Designs: Dani Haski
- Cow Suit Maker: Michelle Charlton
- Special thanks to Borce Damcevski
- Wags the Dog: Alex Harfield, Jacqui Field and Jeff Fatt (Voice, uncredited)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur: Emma Buter and Murray Cook (Voice during Do The Flap, uncredited)
- Henry the Octopus: Vanessa Fallon-Rohanna and Jeff Fatt (Voice, uncredited)
- Captain Feathersword: Anthony, John or Paul Field
- Georgia's Song Dancers: Alex Harfield, Mary Ann Hull, Rhiannah Kitching
- Choreographer: Leanne Halloran
- Assistants: Donna Halloran, Judy Halloran
Children appearing provided by the Donna Halloran School of Dance, Moorebank, Sydney
- Keiran Bianco
- Alyssa Bryce
- Nicole Butler
- Sarah Cornale
- Daisy Cousens
- Rose Cousens
- Jessica Halloran
- Cassandra Halloran
- Kate Halloran
- Shaun Higgins
- Naomi Higgins
- Ben Jones
- Emma Ryan
- Sian Ryan
- Melanie Scott
- Kristen Shaw
- Sarah Sneddon
- Michael Walsh
Other Children Appearing
- Georgia Munro-Cook
- Vincent Bettens
- Luke Field
- Clare Field
- Dominic Field
- Joseph Field
- Anthony Silvestrini
- Sofia Silvestrini
- Leonardo Silvestrini
- Nicholas Hull
- Timothy Rioseco
- Blaine Charlton
- Australia - October 9, 1995
- United States - April 3, 2001 (as "Dance Party") (VHS), February 4, 2003 (HIT DVD)
- This is the oldest video to be available on DVD (and the only video pre-Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas to be released on DVD in any version). It was released in the USA and Canada by HIT Entertainment under its given title in those territories, "Dance Party".
- Likewise, it is the oldest video to be released in North America at all.
- ABC DVD was going to release a DVD in Australia. A date was set for 8 July 2004, but it was delayed and eventually cancelled.
- The video also appeared on a rental VHS/DVD titled Wiggle Mania, which was exclusive to Blockbuster along with Wiggle Bay.
- The title may have been changed in North America to avoid confusion with Toot Toot!, which had been released first.
- This was the first video to feature the Big Red Car and S.S Feathersword.
- This was the first video to have a choreographer.
- This is the first appearance of Wags the Dog.
- This is the first Wiggles' video where the opening title doesn't have a clip from one of the songs in the video.
- This is the first Wiggles' video where Anthony, Greg and Murray don't fall asleep at the end.
- Jeff wears pyjamas for the first time in a video.
- This is the first time Anthony's love of food is featured, primarily in the prologue for Wags the Dog. The first time he is seen eating is in Brown Girl In The Ring where he eats a plum.
- This is the first time Greg plays a musical instrument as seen in I'm a Cow.
- This is the first video to feature a son or daughter of one of the band members. Murray's daughter Georgia appears on both Georgia's Song and the end credits.
- This is the first video to have a song after the goodbye scene.
- This is the first Wiggles video where merchandise is not advertised in the end credits.
- This is the last video that Anthony wears his green polo shirt and long-sleeved turquoise shirt. From 1996 onwards he wore a blue shirt.
- This is also the last time any one of the Field brothers plays Captain Feathersword, from late 1995 onward, Captain Feathersword would be played by Paul Paddick (who is in fact not a member of the Field family).
- This is also the last time not have Paul Paddick involved in The Wiggles media as he joined in late-1995.
- This and Wake Up Jeff! are the only videos where Jeff drives the Big Red Car.
- This is the only time Paul Field played Captain Feathersword, as well as the only other time John Field played the character.
- Different parts of the video were filmed at two different times. The two most notable distinctions are Anthony's shirt and haircut (a green short-sleeved tee and shorter hair during one shoot, and a turquoise long-sleeved skivvy with longer curly hair in the other).
- The Big Red Car is made of plywood (although a cardboard version was also used). Later, in The Wiggles Movie it became an actual car.
- Paul's wife, Pauline is shown in On Your Holiday.
- If you very closely to the wall behind Murray and the kids in Five Little Joeys, you can see the paintings in Hat On My Head.
- Both this and Yummy Yummy are the only American DVDs not to contain any menus or special features.
- This is the only DVD released in North America by HIT Entertainment to not be re-released by Warner Home Video.
- Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?) is listed as "Can You Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?".
- Greg's first full name is listed in the "Written by" credits as "Gregory Page".
- The cow suits were made by Greg's then wife Michelle Charlton.
- This is one of the Wiggles' videos in particular that was released on DVD in North America instead of in Australia.
- Both the 1995 and 2000 VHS releases use the same content.
- Footage of Di Dicki Do Dum can be seen in Lights... camera... DANCERS! Come and meet legendary Wiggles choreographer - Leanne Halloran.
- In North America, this is the only Wiggles Lyrick Studios video with a Stay Tuned for more previews card before the video begins.
- It is not known if Wags the Dog appeared on the GMTV version of Storytelling.
- In North America, this is the only ever Lyrick Studios and first ever Wiggles VHS to have Bob The Builder and Kipper trailers. This is also Lyrick's last ever Wiggles VHS to have a Barney trailer.
- At the end of Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?), Luke Field falls off the stage platform and then goes back on.
- In Wags the Dog the actor's skin under Wags' hand is visible in one scene.
- In Big Red Car, there are some shots where the chroma key is visible by the car.
- In the "Dance Party" version of the video, if you look closely just as the title appears, you can see the original "Big Red Car" title for a few frames.
- An arm is visible during Big Red Car.
- "The Magic Bag" is listed on the song list but it is a Magic Greg segment and not a song.
- In the prologue of Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?), Murray says "We need you, Jeff, for the next song!" but the video has already started.