The Wiggles TV Series 1, Episode 4
August 21, 1998 (AUS)
Captain Feathersword Fell Asleep on His Pirate Ship (Quack Quack)
|Approx. Running Time|
Building Blocks is the 4th episode of TV Series 1.
On your marks, get set, Get Ready To Wiggle! It's Murray Wiggle and Anthony Wiggle versus Greg Wiggle and Jeff Wiggle in a block building competition! The team with the highest tower when the time is up will win the Wiggly Championship! Learn your ABC's with Henry the Octopus and his friends under the sea, or help Captain Feathersword and Wags the Dog catch fish from the dock of the Good Ship Feathersword!
The Wiggles compete against each other in a building block contest at Wigglehouse.
There was an annual building blocks championship over at Wigglehouse with Shazza Footinmouth reporting about the game. Musical Murray and Hungry Anthony are competing against Good Guy Greg and Snoozy Jeff in the match with Henry as the referee, as well as Dorothy the Dinosaur and Officer Beaples watching the match. Whoever builds the highest tower when time's up wins the championship. When Jeff tried to pick up the block, he was half asleep and Greg tried to make him pick it up but Henry said foul, it's your move. But Murray said who's move? And Henry twirled around in a circle to Anthony and Murray's side, so it was Murray's move. Even Frank the Very Rare Dancing Green Mexican Iguana was there too and he was starting to wave at the stand. When Greg says time out, Murray tells Henry to not blow the whistle because Anthony does some very silly things when he hears a whistle. After a little while when they have done their tactics, Greg was feeling worried that he was going to lose because he thought Jeff was going to fall asleep before the final move, and he did. Everybody noticed and Shazza told that Jeff has fallen asleep and said unbelievable! Greg said "What am I going to do?" and he tried to wake him up, but it didn't work. He has to be in his special alarm clock chair, but they didn't have much time. He thought that he can make the final move by moving Jeff to the side, but Henry says that under rule 7654-B, subsection 3, he cannot have his sleeping member's turn and told him that he needs a substitute player to make the final move. So what happened was he asked Dorothy to play to help Greg as a substitute player so, she built up bit by bit of blocks in a super speed move to build up the block tower and they won. Dorothy has won for Greg's team. Greg and Dorothy got the trophy and Frank took a picture. Anthony and Murray handed the trophy over to Dorothy and Greg said that he didn't know that she was a great block builder, she said that she loves building block games. Soon after Jeff woke up, he asked if we won, Dorothy said yes and he cheered while holding the trophy above his head, but the trophy was so heavy that the block tower fell down when Jeff fell into it. Shazza Footinmouth then says that's all and says see ya to the viewers and slowly faints to the ground.
- What will Greg do?
- Will Jeff wake up in time?
- Can Greg and Jeff still win the game?
Kindergarten Text Types
Children listen to stories.
Joey the Crab had a bad day at school today because of the alphabet and there were so many letters that it probably almost went for a whole day. Henry had an idea and go on an alphabet adventure and see what they can see in the sea. They went into the octomobile and went all around the sea to see what they can see. 'A' is for 'Anemone' our spiky friend Albert, 'B' is for 'Barnacle' which is on the octomobile, 'C' is for 'Crab' who is Joey, 'D' is for 'Drummer' Joey the drummer 'E' is for 'Eggs' Henry is talking about fish eggs which are small and not easy to see, but Henry's got good eyes, And then The Fishettes came over to play 'F' is for 'Fish' and they keep playing up to Z and Joey enjoyed it and the alphabet game was a lot of fun. What a clever game, what a clever octopus Henry is, and what a clever crab little Joey is.
Captain Feathersword teaches Wags how to fish. Captain Feathersword's keen seafaring eyes tell him there are none too many fish around here but Wags saw them behind Captain Feathersword. First he was testing a line to show Wags but he was having trouble with the hook that it got stuck on his jacket, The Catfish Brothers and Wags laughed at it and then he got hurt by the hook on his finger. When he throws the hook in the water, it got stuck on a plank and Wags picked it up and threw it into the water. At first, Captain Feathersword thought he was fishing a whale or a shark but it turned out to be a shoe. Captain Feathersword thought that it will be better if they go another day but then Wags caught fish in his basket. It was good for Wags, but not for the Captain.
Wiggly Chase Scene
- Captain Feathersword Fell Asleep on His Pirate Ship (Quack Quack) (from Wiggle Time!)
- I Climb Ten Stairs (from Toot Toot! heard briefly at the end of the Kindergarten Text Types scene)
- I Am A Dancer (from Yummy Yummy)
- I Love It When It Rains (from Wiggle Time!)
- Storybooks/The Alphabet (Sprout title)
- During the end of the Kindergarten Text Types segment, the song, "I Climb Ten Stairs" is heard.
- This is the second time that Anthony goes crazy when he hears a whistle. The first time was The Wiggles Movie.
- The Quack Quack clip from this episode can be seen in Hot Potatoes! The Best of The Wiggles video in 2010 and 2014.
- The prologue for Quack Quack included new sound effects when Captain throws his feathersword and lands on him also when the song began his laugh doesn't fade.
- On November 15th 2020, the episode was uploaded on The Wiggles' YouTube channel.
- When Murray was putting his guitar down a film crew was seen in the background and put the guitar down for him.
- When Frank the Very Rare Dancing Green Mexican Iguana stands next to Shazza Footinmouth, if you look at the bottom, you can kind of see the puppeteer's arm.