This article is about the character. For the song, see here.
Captain Feathersword owns The S.S Feathersword. He was portrayed by Anthony Field and his two brothers, Paul and John. Then in 1996, Paul Paddick became Captain Feathersword after understudying for Anthony in a concert when he had an operation, and he has played him ever since. On occasions, Paddick's understudies would fill in his roles, such as in newer episodes of the Dorothy the Dinosaur series.
Captain Feathersword also has a crew, the Friendly Pirate Crew, all of which idolize and have the same bright and cheerful personality as their captain.
- Jeff Fatt (only occasionally on Sundays, circa 1993-1994)
- Paul Field (1995)
- John Field (1994-1995)
- Brad Carroll (2010-11, on Dorothy the Dinosaur Series 3, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Rockin' Christmas)
- Lachlan Gillespie (2011, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Travelling Show!)
- Dominic Field (2015-present)
- Michael King (2019-present)
- Sam Moran (Celebrity Big Brother)
- Ben Murray (TV Series 4, 2004 UK tour)
- Kaeng Chan (The Mandarin Wiggles)
- John Martin (The Latin American Wiggles)
- Captain's original pirate crew is him, Imran, Penelope, and Raj, who were all featured in The Adventures Of Captain Feathersword, The Friendly Pirate.
- Before Paul Paddick, Captain Feathersword was first played by Anthony. His brothers, John and Paul followed in Yummy Yummy and Big Red Car. According to Greg's book, "Now and Then", Jeff would sometimes don the vest when it was a Sunday, because of something called the "Sunday Rule". But after a particularly bad performance in the South Australian town of Whyalla, Jeff was banned from ever doing the role again.
- Captain has blue trousers with black lines from 1993-1997 (many 1997 concerts, Captain Feathersword's Pirate Show (segment), Wigglehouse (segment), and Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (1997 video)). In The Wiggles Movie, The Wiggles Big Show (1990s), a few other 1997 appearances, and from 1998 ownards, he now has black trousers with gold lines because the original trousers were similar to The Wiggles' black trousers.
- In some of the earlier songs, Anthony isn't seen as a Wiggle because he is playing Captain Feathersword. But in Big Red Car, he isn't played by Anthony except for Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo and Our Boat Is Rocking On The Sea. In the Big Red Car song, Captain doesn't appear at all.
- Captain was created because Anthony knew that kids liked pirates.
- Since 1996, Captain spends time with The Wiggles more than Dorothy does.
- He has had several songs based on him, like Captain Feathersword and Captain Feathersword Fell Asleep on His Pirate Ship (Quack Quack).
- One of Captain's favorite dances is the reindeer dance according to Here Come The Reindeer.
- Captain's favorite animals are ducks, roosters, horses and camels.
- Since 2010, Captain has served as a guitarist at concerts when needed. He has also been doing this in the videos since 2013.
- Captain is the only human Wiggly Friend.
- In some of the Dorothy the Dinosaur DVD's, Paul Paddick isn't there, so his understudies had to fill in for him. It also happened at some concerts.
- His favorite guitar he plays in both videos, and concerts is the Maton Bass Guitar and favorite instrument is the Wiggly Drum Set.
- He drove the Big Red Car in Bow Mobile to the Rescue!.
- His actor, (Paul Paddick) Is an opera singer just like Sam Moran & Simon Pryce.
- Captain Feathersword's name in the Taiwanese Wiggles is 飛毛船長.
|Current Main Characters||Emma Wiggle - Simon Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle - Anthony Wiggle - Captain Feathersword|
|Former Main Characters||Greg Wiggle - Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Sam Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster - Wally the Great|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|