This article is about the character. For the song, see here.
Captain Feathersword is a friendly pirate captain who owns The S.S Feathersword, and is Wags the Dog's best friend. He was portrayed by Anthony Field and his two brothers, Paul and John. Then in late 1995, Paul Paddick became Captain Feathersword after understudying for Anthony in a concert when he had an operation and he has played him ever since. On occasions, Paddick's understudies would fill in his roles, such as in newer episodes of the Dorothy the Dinosaur series. Although his role was originally minor, it became so significant that he is often called the Fifth Wiggle.
Captain Feathersword also has a crew, The Friendly Pirate Crew, all of which idolise and have the same bright and cheerful personality as their captain.
Captain Feathersword is a friendly pirate captain. As the Wiggles realised children loved pirates but did not want them to seem intimidating, he was given a feather sword.
- Jeff Fatt (only occasionally on Sundays, circa 1993–1994)
- Paul Field (1995)
- John Field (1994–1995)
- Paul Rogers (early 1990s)
- Brad Carroll (2010–11, on Dorothy the Dinosaur Series 3, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Rockin' Christmas)
- Lachlan Gillespie (2011, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Travelling Show!; select shows of Taking Off! tour when Paddick was unavailable)
- Nick Hutchinson (2014)
- Dominic Field (2015–2019)
- Michael King (2019 tour, when former was filling in for Simon)
- Sam Moran (Celebrity Big Brother)
- Tony Henry (2003, drummer double for Cold Spaghetti Western)
- Ben Murray (The Dorothy the Dinosaur Show, 2004 UK Tour, some portions of The Wiggles Show!)
- John Martin (The Latin American Wiggles, 2005-06 tour understudy and 2007 ARIA Awards)
- Samuel McKeown (Sydney Mardi Gras 2021)
- Victor Valdes, Latin American Wiggles 2021 YouTube Playtime Videos and Fruit Salad TV Christmas Special)
- Captain's original pirate crew is him, Imran, Penelope and Raj, who were all featured in The Adventures Of Captain Feathersword, The Friendly Pirate.
- His birthday was originally 1st of April, as mention in The Adventures Of Captain Feathersword, The Friendly Pirate.
- Before Paul Paddick, Captain Feathersword was first played by Anthony. His brothers, John and Paul followed in Yummy Yummy and Big Red Car. According to Greg's book, "Now and Then", Jeff would sometimes don the vest when it was a Sunday, because of something called the "Sunday Rule". But after a particularly bad performance in the South Australian town of Whyalla, Jeff was banned from ever doing the role again.
- Captain has blue trousers with black lines from 1993-1997 (many 1997 concerts, Captain Feathersword's Pirate Show, Wigglehouse and Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (1997)). In The Wiggles Movie, The Wiggles Big Show, a few other 1997 appearances and from 1998 onwards, he now has black pants with gold lines because the original pants were similar to The Wiggles' black pants from 1991-2002.
- In some of the earlier songs, Anthony isn't seen as a Wiggle because he is playing Captain Feathersword. But in Big Red Car, he isn't played by Anthony except for Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo and Our Boat Is Rocking On The Sea. In the Big Red Car song, Captain doesn't appear at all.
- Captain was created because Anthony knew that kids liked pirates.
- Since 1996, Captain spends time with The Wiggles more than Dorothy does.
- He has had several songs based on him, like Captain Feathersword and Captain Feathersword Fell Asleep on His Pirate Ship (Quack Quack).
- One of Captain's favourite dances is the reindeer dance according to Here Come The Reindeer.
- Captain's favourite animals are ducks, roosters, horses and camels.
- Since 2010, Captain has served as a guitarist at concerts when needed. He has also been doing this in the videos since 2013.
- Captain is the only human Wiggly Friend.
- In some of the Dorothy the Dinosaur DVD's, Paul Paddick isn't there, so his understudies had to fill in for him. It also happened at some concerts.
- His favourite guitar he plays in both videos and concerts is the Maton Bass Guitar and his favourite instrument is the Wiggly Drum Set.
- He drove the Big Red Car in Bow Mobile To The Rescue!.
- His actor, (Paul Paddick) is an opera singer just like Sam Moran & Simon Pryce, the three opera singing tenors who played Professor Singalottasonga.
- Captain Feathersword's name in The Taiwanese Wiggles is 飛毛船長.
- In Spanish he is voiced by Diego Topa.
- Captain Feathersword makes a few brief non-speaking cameo appearances in Apples & Bananas, despite his name appearing in the opening and end credits.
- In The Three Disguises segment of Wiggle and Learn he does the wrong thing after Anthony goes round a third time.
- Despite no longer performing the character after 1995, Anthony had briefly reprised the character on a few occasions, including some concerts in 1997, a couple of songs in the late 90s, audiobooks and PC games in 2001, Wiggly Fruit Salad and in a Instagram video featuring Henry the Octopus, Tsehay Wiggle, John Wiggle, Simon Wiggle, Jeff Wiggle and Dorothy the Dinosaur.
|The Wiggly Group||Anthony Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle - Simon Wiggle - Tsehay Wiggle - John Wiggle - Caterina Wiggle - Kelly Wiggle - Evie Wiggle - Dorothy the Dinosaur - Henry the Octopus - Captain Feathersword - Wags the Dog - Shirley Shawn the Unicorn|
|The Former Wiggles||Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Greg Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle - Sam Wiggle - Emma Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster - Wally the Great|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|