|Cold Spaghetti Western|
March 30, 2004 (USA)
Top of the Tots (2003)
Santa's Rockin'! (2004)
"Cold Spaghetti Western" is the 17th Wiggles video. It was filmed in 2003 and released the following year, 2004.
Note: All songs are taken from the album of the same name.
- We're The Cowboys
- El Pato
- The Wiggly Trail
- Listen To The Drummer Playing
- Let's Go To The Great Western Cafe
- The Master Pasta Maker (From Italy)
- Follow The Bird
- Fiesta Siesta
- Olive Oil
- Hey Now, Let's Have A Party!
- Cielito Lindo
- Farewell To The Wiggly Trail
- America: March 2, 2004 (HIT Entertainment Screener VHS), March 30, 2004 (VHS/DVD) / October 9, 2007 (US DVD re-release)
- Australia: August 19, 2004
- This is the first video to be released on home video in widescreen (though previous videos had been filmed and aired on TV in widescreen). However, the US DVD presents the feature in 4:3 Letterbox form. This was likely done to also accommodate full-screen TV's, which were still fairly popular at the time.
- This video was named after a line from Hot Potato.
- The name of the video is a pun on the movie genre "Spaghetti Western," i.e. Italian-produced western films.
- During the prologue of "Follow The Bird", a string is seen on the bird as it flies away.
- This is the last video to be directed by Nicholas Bufalo.
- This is the first main video made after 1997 (not counting spin-off videos) never to be released in the UK in any version.
- This video was planned in 2002 according to meeting footage seen in The Wiggles Take on the World 2006 documentary, but The Wiggles decided to film it on the next year 2003 as soon as all the songs were finished recording and mixing.
- This is the third video to be filmed on location instead of in a studio, the first was Wiggly Safari , and the second was Wiggle Bay.
- As a result, the Behind the Scenes of Cold Spaghetti Western feature included on the Top of the Tots DVD was replaced by 2 episodes of Lights, Camera, Action, Wiggles!.
- The only two videos after this not to be released in the UK (until Ukulele Baby!, which has so far been the last) were Sailing Around the World and Wiggledancing! Live In The U.S.A., the latter of which is exclusive to North America.
- In this video, Anthony and Greg got new haircuts.
- In the end credits, the Wiggly Orchestra is credited in the Yamaha instruments credit, despite not appearing.
- Foodman makes his first appearance since Toot Toot! However, he is now played by Paul Paddick.
- Songs from this video never appeared in a TV Series (not counting We're The Cowboys, which appears in Wiggly Animation instead of in live-action).
- The working title for this video was "A Wiggly Western".
- This is the second time the Wiggles wore their cowboy outfits. The first time was in Top of the Tots, during Cowboys and Cowgirls.
- In the prologue of "Listen To The Drummer Playing", the Wiggles are seen in their cowboy outfits. Whereas in the song, they are seen in their regular outfits.
- This video was released in Australia after Steve Blau died.
- This is the second and last Wiggles Australian VHS to come in a yellow case after The Wiggly Big Show.
- The screener VHS has no letterbox format feature presentation at the beginning and no previews at the end whatsoever.
- The white duck costume returns since it was used in Five Little Ducks in Wiggle Time!.
- Listen To The Drummer Playing was the only song in this video where the Wiggles wore the outfits they usally wear in their concerts, videos, album photos, and TV Series. Also in this song, Tony Henry plays the stunt drummer of Captain Feathersword during the shots of The Wiggles.
- On the Australian VHS, the aspect ratio was cropped to 14:9.
- This is the fourth video where Jeff didn't play the Red Starry Keyboard. The first was Yule Be Wiggling, the second was Wiggly Safari and the third was Wiggle Bay.
- Like Top of the Tots, Ben Murray was absent in this video because he was changing his hair color to black, however, he was seen in A Wiggly Postcard from Asia which is one of the special features on the DVD.
- A stripped-back instrumental of We're The Cowboys (featuring only the acoustic guitar, piano and organ) plays as background music in some scenes. During the prologue of El Pato, if you listen closely there is an acoustic version of Cielito Lindo playing.
- The Hong Kong DVD release does not contain any menus or special features.
- The VHS inlay promotes the following videos:
- The video was originally scheduled to be released in Australia in September 2004, however it was made available that August instead.
- The DVD listed 4:3 as the aspect ratio, but it was actually 16:9.
- Some of the times when Anthony's voice is heard, his mouth is not moving.