Fender American Vintage Telecaster is a guitar from Fender's American Vintage Series manufactured by Fender. Murray's model, with star stickers on the front, has been dubbed by fans the "Red Starry Guitar".
It first appeared in The Wiggles Movie and last appeared in It's a Wiggly Wiggly World!.
Jeff was never seen playing the guitar, only The Awake Wiggles have.
According to the song "Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car" and "Dorothy The Dinosaur (Tell Me Who Is That Knocking?)". Plus the episodes "Lilly", "Multicultural", "Imagination" and "Play", the Red Starry Guitar is Murray's guitar.
In "The Wiggles Movie" when Murray was young he plays his favourite Red Electric Guitar which was a Fender MST-32 Mini Stratocaster but that was before it had stars. The guitar was seen played by Murray when he and the other wiggles sang Hot Potato.
Musicians who Used this Guitar
- Christmas Picnic (Prologue Only)
- It's a Christmas Party, On The Goodship Feathersword
- Silent Night
- Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?)
- Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?)
- Rock-A-Bye Your Bear (The Wiggles Movie Only)
- Get Ready To Wiggle
- Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Dorothy's Birthday Party
- D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur)
- The Monkey Dance
- Yummy Yummy Epilogue
- Dorothy's Dance Party
- Wake Up Jeff!
- Look Both Ways
- Head, Shoulders, Knees And Toes
- Food Food Food (Oh How I Love My Food)
- Dorothy The Dinosaur (Tell Me Who Is That Knocking?)
- Balla Balla Bambina
- We're Dancing With Wags The Dog
- Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car
- Having Fun At The Beach
- Nya Nya Nya (Playtime Only)
- Quack Quack (Imagination Only)
- In The Big Red Car We Like To Ride
- Hey, Hey, Hey We're All Pirate Dancing
- Let's Go (We're Riding In The Big Red Car)
- Bit By Bit (We're Building A Set) (Cartoon Drawing Cameo)
- Wiggly Wiggly Christmas
- It's a Christmas Party on the Good Ship Feathersword (Recovery only)
- Fruit Salad (Recovery and Work Only)
- Despite being closely associated with Murray when it was being used, in real life, the guitar belonged to Anthony.
- The Guitar is seen the song "Bit By Bit (We're Building A Set)" in The Wiggles' TV set drawing played by Murray.
- This special guitar was originally going to be in the video Yule Be Wiggling but it was replaced by the Matons. The Red Takamine Acoustic guitar and the Black Takamine Acoustic guitar also originally going to be in the video too but they were replaced also.
- The Red Starry Guitar is seen on the Song selection menu of Yule Be Wiggling. The guitar was also seen in the Sing Along with The Wiggles menu of Wiggly TV.
- Mostly when this guitar is used in a Wiggles rock n roll song, the studio audio dubbed the clip in order for the guitar to sound rock n roll-ish as it wasn't plugged into an amplifier.
- Carla the Rabbit also has a Red Starry Guitar when She plays Nya Nya Nya to Murray when he tried to come up with a song to play.
- The guitar has different types of guitar strings and some strings that don't make sounds when the guitar was featured in episodes.
- The Guitar was seen on a T-shirt for The Wiggles Movie.
- The Red Starry Guitar was featured in Spot the Difference from Wiggly Party (game).
- The guitar was seen in a couple of books including Zoo Wonderland, The Party Book and CD, Wake Up Jeff! (book), D.O.R.O.T.H.Y., Learn your Numbers and A Game of Hide and Seek.
- This is Murray's favourite guitar because that's why he plays with it everywhere in both videos and promos.
- When Anthony said he forgot to turn the guitar in the episode Work it turns out that it has an on and off button (which is really the pickup switch but without the cap).
- The guitar model was made in 1963.
- This guitar almost looks like another red guitar that Anthony plays in a band called "The Cockroaches" which was the Red Fender Bullet S-1 electric guitar.
- In 1998, Anthony played the guitar on Recovery.