Funny Greg is the thirteenth and final episode of Series 1.
Poor Greg feels unwell and has lost his sense of humour! The Wiggles know that laughter is the best medicine, so they try to cheer their good Wiggly friend up by doing some tricks around Wiggle House, will Greg ever get his sense of humour back? What will The Wiggles do? While Pre-school does nap time, Henry the Octopus spends a day speaking in rhyme!
Song 1: Hot Potato (live)
Kindergarten Text Types
Kids lie down and take a nap.
Greg feels sick and has lost his sense of humour. The Doctor says that "laughter is the best medicine". The other Wiggles tried everything from preparing Greg's seat next to a funny clock to making funny faces to tickling him to telling funny jokes to performing funny stunts and even trying to help him at least smile. But then Dorothy the Dinosaur did a very silly thing to the other Wiggles. What she did was, she started tapping them on the back and before they could see who it was, she ducked so they couldn't see her. It was so funny that it finally gave Greg his humour back and he proved it to the doctor.
- Will The Wiggles make Greg laugh?
- Can they hold their smiles much longer?
- What will they think of next?
Song 2: Baby Baluga (live)
Henry the Octopus and everyone else spend the day by talking in rhyme.
It was another beautiful day at the beach with Wags' first costume in this episode. Wags the Dog and Captain Feathersword are hanging out with each other over there. The sun was shining and the waves at the beach are pretty big. Captain Feathersword told Wags that it's not safe to go swimming, but it was a lovely day in the sun, so he told Wags to sit back in his chair and have a little relax. Wags wanted to go for a swim, so he tried to get Captain Feathersword's attention to him by throwing sand on him and he told him to stop because he wanted a rest in the sun, so he had a rest in the sun with his eyes closed. Wags wanted to play a trick on him by tapping him on the shoulder one to another and went crazy at the end of it. Captain Feathersword wanted to have a rest and he told him to have a lovely day at the beach, but he wasn't too happy about it. He knew that Wags wants to go for a swim, but he said that its too rough out there. He still wants to go for a swim, so Captain Feathersword said that he can but not too far out and he watched him from the shore. He ran to the water happily while barking and then he did a big splash when he dived into the water, which splashed Captain Feathersword. He dried himself off but then it happened again and then he dried himself off again. Wags had finished his swim and ran over to Captain Feathersword and threw the towel away and a twirly sound played. He told Wags to go into a dressing shed and dry himself off, so he ran into a dressing shed to dry off and Captain Feathersword sat down. When he just sat down, Wags finished drying himself off and Captain Feathersword got shocked when he saw Wags. Wags turned into the costume that's used in the rest of the series and he did model poses after that. Captain Feathersword says that he's glad that Wags had his swim and it's time for him to have a little rest with no disturbances. Wags said yes in a bark, and he saw a huge wave coming into the shore and he tried to warn the Captain that a huge wave is coming but he told him that he said no disturbances and have a little rest, Wags ran off and a huge wave came in and Captain Feathersword got alarmed and the wave splashed over him. Then he sputters after that and asked why Wags he didn't warn him that there was a huge wave coming. But Wags was trying to warn him. Another huge wave was coming in and warned Captain Feathersword again, but he said that it's a bit late now. He wasn't really listening to him and then Wags walked away and the huge wave alarmed Captain Feathersword again and it splashed over him, a hermit crab was in his hand, and he threw it gently back into the water. Another huge wave was coming again, and Wags tried to warn him again but then he said oh well as he got used to it, and the wave splashed him.
Song 3: Ooh It's Captain Feathersword (live)
Wiggly Chase Scene
Jeff's Keyboard Chase
- In the Captain Feathersword's Pirate Show segment: "The Beach", Wags the Dog has his first costume design during the first two minutes of the skit, but then changes to a newer costume design.
- During the skit of the kids sleeping at school, "Butterflies Flit" can be heard, sung by Greg.
- On the TV Series 1 DVD Box Set and The Wiggles (YouTube channel), "Baby Baluga" was removed due to a copyright claim and they would have to pay royalties to the writers, Raffi and Debi Pike. The song, however, was seen when the series aired on Playhouse Disney in America and on Nick Jr. in the United Kingdom
- This episode, along with "Muscleman Murray", were shot together since they both have the design of the Wigglehouse interior from The Wiggles Movie.
- An extended opening concert shot of "Ooh It's Captain Feathersword" where Captain Feathersword says "Let's all do a pirate dance!" can be found on the VideoNow release of "Wiggle Opera".
- Stock footage of Dorothy from "Zardo Zap" is reused in this episode's Wigglehouse segment.
- On January 24th 2021, the episode was uploaded on The Wiggles (YouTube channel).
- This is the last official Wiggles episode to run over 20 minutes until the Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle! episode Hello Everyone.
- This was aired four days after Toot Toot! was released.
- The music for the sequence of Emma Ryan painting The Wiggles Logo at the end of this episode is out of sync.
- This is the first production episode, even though it aired as the last episode of TV Series One.
- The Wiggles no longer air episodes out of production order, besides when The Wiggles aired on Playhouse Disney.
- Splish Splash (Sprout title)