Greg is the original yellow Wiggle and the original lead singer of The Wiggles. He was with The Wiggles from its founding in 1991 until 2006, when he left to obtain medical treatment for a condition known as orthostatic intolerance. He was replaced by Sam. He briefly returned in 2012 but was then replaced by Emma.
He was the lead singer in the original incarnation of the group, singing lead on most of the group's songs. He has played guitar, keyboards, and drums in the videos and at concerts, making him one of the only Wiggles alongside Sam and Jeff to have played all three of the other Wiggle's lead instruments.
Greg is known as the driver of the Big Red Car. He is also known for doing his magic tricks in the classic years of The Wiggles. His magic trick was portrayed more in TV Series 2 when he would always try to find ways to pull the rabbit out of his hat but to no avail.
In 2006, he retired after being diagnosed with Orthostatic intolerance, and Sam replaced Greg until 2012. Upon returning to the group in 2012, he did everything he did in the early days before 2006, except for magic tricks. He stayed for a year before being replaced by Emma.
- In the Wiggles' early videos such as Wiggle Time! in 1993 and Wiggledance! and Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas from 1997, Greg wore a digital wristwatch and Greg still wears watches every now and then.
- He is the tallest of the original Wiggles and of all the members (6'4).
- When Greg returned to the group in 2012, he was only supposed to stay until August, though upon Murray and Jeff leaving, he was asked to stay for the rest of the year.
- Soon before Greg left in 2006, he was falling apart. There were shows where at the last minute Greg couldn't go on, so Sam had to apply the yellow skivvy and be Greg's understudy. It is believed that this has happened during shows, as well.
- On August 20, 2006 during a Meet & Greet, Greg fainted. And the next day, before the Wiggle performance, Greg collapsed so Sam had to quickly put on the yellow skivvy. This happened during The Wiggles' DANCE! Tour.
- In 2011 during the ARIA Awards, Greg came on stage with Sam, Murray, Jeff, Anthony and Captain Feathersword (Paul Paddick) to accept The Wiggles' ARIA Hall of Fame Award.
- Greg Page, his actor, currently holds the record for the youngest age to begin being a Wiggle (19 years old).
- He eats dry toast for breakfast.
- He is the only one of the original four never to have played any of the four Wiggly Friends (Captain, Dorothy, Wags, or Henry)
- When he drives the Big Red Car, he likes to sing, "Scooby Doo Wah".
- His favourite part from The Wiggles Movie is when The Wiggles take off in the Big Red Car and starts accelerating.
- He was the first person to sing a wiggles song and it was called (Get Ready To Wiggle).
Click here to view the gallery.
|Current Main Characters||Emma Wiggle -Simon Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle - Anthony Wiggle|
|Former Main Characters||Greg Wiggle - Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Sam Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster - Wally the Great|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|