Greg is the original yellow Wiggle and the original lead singer of The Wiggles. He was with The Wiggles from its founding in 1991 until 2006, when he left to obtain medical treatment for a condition known as orthostatic intolerance. He was replaced by Sam. He briefly returned in 2012 but was then replaced by Emma. He still occasionally performs in reunion concerts and appeared in the 2017 version of Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas!.
He was the lead singer in the original incarnation of the group, singing lead on most of the group's songs. He has played guitar, keyboards and drums in the videos and at concerts, making him one of the only Wiggles alongside Sam and Jeff to have played all three of the other Wiggle's lead instruments.
Greg is known as the driver of the Big Red Car. He is also known for doing his magic tricks in the classic years of The Wiggles. His magic trick was portrayed more in TV Series 2 when he would always try to find ways to pull the rabbit out of his hat but to no avail.
In 2006, he retired after being diagnosed with Orthostatic intolerance and Sam replaced Greg until 2012. Upon returning to the group in 2012, he did everything he did in the early days before 2006, except for magic tricks. He stayed for a year before being replaced by Emma.
- In The Wiggles' early videos such as Wiggle Time! in 1993 and Wiggledance! and Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas from 1997, Greg wore a digital wristwatch and Greg still wears watches every now and then.
- He is the tallest of the original Wiggles and of all the members (6'4).
- When Greg returned to the group in 2012, he was only supposed to stay until August. However, upon Murray and Jeff leaving, he was asked to stay for the rest of the year.
- On August 22, 2006 during a Meet & Greet, before two schedule wiggle performances in Kingston Rhode Island, Greg fainted before either show was performed and was treated at a hospital for dehydration. So Sam had to quickly put on the yellow skivvy and fill in for him. And the next day, before another two Wiggle performances in Washington DC, Greg collapsed before both shows were performed and it was decided that he should return home to Australia. So Sam had to quickly put on the yellow skivvy and fill in for him again for the remainder of the tour. This happened during Wiggledancing! Live On Stage.
- In 2011 during the ARIA Awards, Greg came on stage with Sam, Murray, Jeff, Anthony and Captain Feathersword (Paul Paddick) to accept The Wiggles' ARIA Hall of Fame Award.
- He held the record for the youngest age to become a Wiggle (19 years old) up until Tsehay Hawkins joined the group (16 years old).
- He eats dry toast for breakfast.
- His favourite food is carrots.
- From 2002-2006 he was the only Wiggle to wear a short-sleeved shirt on tour unless the tour was filmed for a video or TV Series
- He is the only one of the original four never to have created or played any of the four Wiggly Friends. (He did, however, play Puppet Captain).
- His favourite part from The Wiggles Movie is when The Wiggles take off in the Big Red Car and start accelerating.
- He is the only Wiggle to never appear in any Nursery Rhymes video.
- During The Original Wiggles Reunion Show For Bush Fire Relief, Greg collapsed on stage and fell into cardiac arrest before they did Hot Potato. He was resuscitated by a team including a nurse who is a fan of the Wiggles.
- Since 2016 He still occasionally performs with Anthony Wiggle, Murray Wiggle and Jeff Wiggle in reunion concerts.
- He has collapsed on stage three times. In 2003, 2006 and 2020.
- While he is known as the original yellow wiggle, his real world counterpart's favourite colour is blue.
- In addition to the above statement, he and Anthony had a race to the department store for the blue shirt when getting their coloured skivvies. "Haha, victory! I'm not sure if Pagey ever liked yellow." Anthony said in an interview.
|The Wiggly Group||Anthony Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle - Simon Wiggle - Tsehay Wiggle - Dorothy the Dinosaur - Henry the Octopus - Captain Feathersword - Wags the Dog - Shirley Shawn the Unicorn|
|The Former Wiggles||Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Greg Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle - Sam Wiggle - Emma Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster - Wally the Great|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|