This article is about the Wiggly Mascot. For the song, see here.
Henry the Octopus is a Wiggly Friend who debuted in 1992. He also likes to dance and spin around. He is the main protagonist and star of his own segment in the first series, and a major supporting character in the rest of the TV seasons and all of The Wiggles videos (except The Wiggles Go Bananas!, where he did not appear). His role has been more minor in subsequent videos/episodes.
Henry likes to sing and to dance with his eight legs. He is said to have a bubbly personality and loves a good joke.
The way Henry works is that the performer inside can see through the mouth and his eyes. Plus, on top of his hat, there's a vent so the performer has some breathing space.
- Henry was created by Jeff.
- Paul Field played Henry in 1992, then Anthony played him. After that Jeff took over the role, before other actors began wearing the suit in concerts and videos. Jeff would remain his voice actor until Paul Paddick began to occasionally voice him in the mid-late 2000s, who mostly took over the role after that. Lachlan Gillespie even voiced Henry for a while in 2017, with Jeff returning to voice him on rare occasions in subsequent years.
- Because of this, Henry doesn't talk as much as some of the other Wiggly Friends.
- Henry is not seen in The Wiggles Go Bananas! and Nursery Rhymes 2.
- Two of Henry's instruments of choice include a Tambourine and mostly the Red Starry Keyboard.
- He always falls asleep to Henry Works With Eight Tentacles.
- Henry the Octopus does not speak in Santa's Rockin'! and Choo Choo Trains, Propeller Planes & Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car!.
- He was absent in the book It's The Wiggles Show!.
- He is the only Wiggly Friend not to be voiced in Spanish.
- Anthony Field (1992-1993)
- Jeff Fatt (1994-2005, full time) (2006-present, part-time)
- Danny Shao (2003-2006, The Taiwanese Wiggles)
- Paul Paddick (2006-present) (2004-2006, part-time)
- Paul Field (2009-2010)
- Lachlan Gillespie (2017)
- Dominic Field (2017- present, concerts where Paddick is not present)
- Jacqueline Fallon (1993)
- Vanessa Fallon-Rohanna (1994-1995)
- Darren Phillips (1994)
- Leeanne Ashley (1996)
- Leanne Halloran (1996-1998)
- Charmaine Martin (1997, 1999)
- Donna Halloran (1998)
- Elisha Burke (1998)
- Reem Hanwell (1998-2002)
- Kristy Talbot (2002-2003)
- Katherine Patrick (2003-2004, 2006)
- Lucy Stuart (2005)
- Paul Paddick (The Dorothy the Dinosaur Show)
- Brett Clarke
- Mario Martinez-Diaz (2007, 2010)
- Rebecca Knox (2008-2009)
- Clare Field (2010-2011, 2014, 2016-2017)
- Megan Bolton (2011)
- Stacy Garratt (2011)
- Lauren Hannaford (2012-2015)
- Caterina Mete (2012-2014)
- Lucy Wiggan (2012, 2018)
- Bláthnaid Conroy Murphy (2013)
- Jeff Fatt (2013)
- Anthony Field (2013, 2016)
- Kelly Hamilton (2013)
- Tasmin Cummins (2015)
- Courtney Rovers (2015)
- Dominic Field (2016)
- Andrew Koblar (2016-2017)
- Michael McFadden (2016-2017)
- Stephanie Di Coio (2016)
- Tiarna Mar (2017)
- Eden Schmitzer (2017)
- Chelsey Priadko (2019)
- Isabella Fitzpatrick (2018-present)
- Callum Hendry-Hodsdon (2020-present)
|The Wiggly Group||Anthony Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle - Simon Wiggle - Emma Wiggle - Dorothy the Dinosaur - Henry the Octopus - Captain Feathersword - Wags the Dog - Shirley Shawn the Unicorn|
|The Former Wiggles||Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Greg Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle - Sam Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster - Wally the Great|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|