“Play (a.k.a. At Play)”
The Wiggles TV Series 2, Episode 6
|Approx. Running Time||
Play is the 6th episode of TV Series 2.
It is the first of two episodes titled "Play", the other being episode 21 of this series. To differentiate the two, Playhouse Disney renamed the episode "At Play".
Dorothy loses her voice and cannot sing.
- Hot Potato (Live) from The Wiggly Big Show and Toot Toot Show!
- Having Fun At The Beach
- Henry's Underwater Big Band from Toot Toot
- D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur) from Yummy Yummy
- Wiggly Medley (Live) from The Wiggly Big Show and Toot Toot Show!
The Wiggles are sleeping and having dreams. Anthony climbs a bowl of spaghetti. Greg has clones of him playing different instruments. Murray flies around like a superhero. Jeff can't sleep in his dream and everyone tells him to go to sleep. Then, the alarm goes off and the Wiggles each do their morning routines. They arrive for breakfast, which magically appears.
The Wiggles discover that Dorothy has lost her voice, much to her anger. They look around the yard. Captain Feathersword arrives and helps look, and catches the voice briefly but it jumps around and to Jeff and then flies away. The Wiggles chase after the voice!
Wags looks in the mirror and his reflection is giggling like Dorothy! He tells the Wiggles, but the voice escapes again. The Wiggles get in their Big Red Car and drive all over town. The voice ends up on Anthony who is giggling and talking like Dorothy. The other Wiggles tell Anthony to cover his mouth so that it doesn't escape. The voice gives up and wants to return to Dorothy.
Dorothy, after a pause, thanks everyone for getting her voice back.
- Dreaming/Dorothy's Runaway Voice (split 11-minute versions, used by Sprout)
- The title was originally called "Hobbies".
- In Hot Potato, the animations that were seen on the original version in The Wiggly Big Show are removed in this episode.
- The episode's script is currently on display at the Powerhouse Museum.
- The song Rock-A-Bye Your Bear originally appeared in the script in place of Henry's Underwater Big Band. It's unknown if it aired with this song in its original GMTV version.