|Racing to the Rainbow|
September 7, 2006 (AUS)
"Racing to the Rainbow" is the twenty-fifth Wiggles video. It was the last video featuring Greg until Surfer Jeff.
Song and Scene List
23. Everybody Dance!
- Photo Gallery
- The Rainbow Palace Storybook
- Wiggly Bloopers
- The King's Cadillac
- How to Kick A Football
- Wiggly Game
- Australia: September 7, 2006
- America: March 6, 2007
- United Kingdom: October 29, 2007
- October 18, 2006, at 8:30am (Australia, ABC1)
- October 19, 2006, at 8:30am (Australia, ABC1)
- December 19, 2006, at 10:10am (Australia, ABC1)
- December 20, 2006, at 10:10am (Australia, ABC1)
- March 5, 2007 (USA, Playhouse Disney)
- April 7, 2008 at 10:05am (Australia, ABC1)
- April 14, 2008 at 10:00am (Australia, ABC1)
- Some exterior shots of Wigglehouse and the S.S Feathersword were filmed at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast in Australia.
- Following two remakes (Here Comes The Big Red Car and It's Time to Wake Up Jeff!) and a compilation of TV series footage (Splish Splash Big Red Boat), this was the only wholly original studio video of 2006.
- This is also the only video of 2006 not to have any content that was filmed in 2005.
- This is the first Wiggles video to be filmed in HD.
- The song Run, Run, Run Away (A Storm Is On It's Way) doesn't appear on the album.
- Wags the Dog He Likes to Tango is heard briefly in one scene. Additionally, accordion arrangements of Move Your Arms Like Henry and Captain Feathersword are heard in another scene.
- Clocking in at 90 minutes, this is one of The Wiggles' longest videos to date. As such, many fans refer to this as a spiritual successor to The Wiggles Movie.
- This video marks the final appearance of Greg until Surfer Jeff, as he left because of his Orthostatic Intolerance.
- This also marks the last video to have Sam Moran as a Wiggly Dancer, since he took over for Greg as the Yellow Wiggle.
- This marks the final video of Jeff Fatt voicing Henry the Octopus until It's Always Christmas With You! as Paul Paddick took over.
- This marks the last video to feature The Friendly Pirate Crew in a large capacity.
- This was the last video to be written by Greg Truman.
- This was the final time that Lyn Stuckey played Dorothy the Dinosaur before Emily McGlinn started playing her. Likewise, this was the first time Clare Field played Dorothy, as well as the only time that Zoe Velez voiced her in a studio video (she previously did her voiceover in Wiggledancing! Live In The U.S.A.).
- This was the final video to be shot at the Sydney Film and Television Studios, and as such, is the last time when the Wigglehouse & S.S Feathersword sets from The Wiggles Show! are used.
- It also marked the last time a video premiered on Playhouse Disney.
- Fans consider this video a direct to video The Wiggles Show! (TV Series 4 & 5) special or finale.
- In America, this was also the last video to be distributed by HIT Entertainment. However, HIT Entertainment continued to release Wiggles videos in the UK until 2013.
- Two members of The Latin American Wiggles appear in this video, with Zoe Velez as the voice of Dorothy the Dinosaur, and Katty Villafuerte as an audience member in Stamp Your Feet (To the Heavy Beat).
- Murray's alter-ego, Muzza, makes his first appearance.
- This is one of the Wiggles videos in particular where the background music was instrumental versions of many Wiggles classic songs: The Captain's Wavy Walk in one scene, I Love It When It Rains in two scenes, Hats in one scene, Dressing Up in one scene, Walking On The Moon in one scene, and many more.
- This was the last video until Surfer Jeff to have the catchphrases "Oh No! Oh What!" and "HUH?!? HUH?!? HUH?", likewise, it is the first time The Wiggles did the catchphrase in different variations, in this video, finger blubbering was the first variation of the catchphrase.
- In this video, all body movements had cartoon sound effects.
- This is the last video until Hot Poppin' Popcorn when The Wiggles went HUH?!? when they're confused. However, in the Dorothy the Dinosaur's Rockin Christmas video in 2010, Poppie and Fernie did the catchphrase when confused with Elfis' Impersonations of Elvis Presley.
- Despite Elefterios Kourtis receiving a credit in the end credits, he is not seen in the video.
- In the Wake Up Wiggles scene, Greg's mouth movements don't match the speed of his words. This was likely a sound issue that was fixed in post-production.
- The credits for Shakin' Like a Leafy Tree are missing Greg Page's name, and Dominic Lindsay is credited for Stamp Your Feet (To the Heavy Beat).
- ↑ https://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200610/programs/ZY8480A001D18102006T083000.htm
- ↑ http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200610/programs/ZY8480A001D19102006T083000.htm
- ↑ http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200612/programs/ZY8480A001D19122006T101100.htm
- ↑ http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200612/programs/ZY8480A001D20122006T101100.htm
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20070209163008/http://www.thewiggles.com.au/us/mediacentre/news/37
- ↑ http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200804/programs/ZY8480A001D7042008T100600.htm
- ↑ https://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200804/programs/ZY8480A001D7042008T100600.htm