|Racing to the Rainbow (video)|
September 7, 2006 (AUS/NZ)
January - March 2006
"Racing to the Rainbow" is the twenty-fifth Wiggles video that was released on September 7, 2006. It was the last video to feature Greg until Surfer Jeff.
Songs and Scenes
- Note: Scenes marked in bold.
- Blow Up Your Balloon (Huff and Huff and Puff)
- The Chew Chew Song
- The Princess of the Sea
- Benny Put The Kettle On
- Photo Gallery
- The Rainbow Palace Storybook
- Wiggly Bloopers
- The King's Cadillac
- How to Kick A Football
- Wiggly Game
More coming soon!
- Australia: September 7, 2006
- America: March 6, 2007 (HIT Entertainment/20th Century Fox DVD), October 9, 2007 (Warner Home Video DVD)
- United Kingdom: October 29, 2007
- October 18, 2006, at 8:30am (Australia, ABC1)[Note 1]
- October 19, 2006, at 8:30am (Australia, ABC1)[Note 1]
- December 19, 2006, at 10:10am (Australia, ABC1)[Note 1]
- December 20, 2006, at 10:10am (Australia, ABC1)[Note 1]
- March 5, 2007 (USA, Playhouse Disney)
- April 7, 2008 at 10:05am (Australia, ABC1)
- April 14, 2008 at 10:00am (Australia, ABC1)
- Some exterior shots of Wigglehouse and The S.S Feathersword were filmed at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast in Australia.
- Following two remakes (Here Comes The Big Red Car and It's Time to Wake Up Jeff!) and a compilation of TV series footage (Splish Splash Big Red Boat), this was the only wholly original studio video of 2006. And the only one entirely filmed in that Year.
- Some music cues and sound effects were the same as the Latin American Wiggles, like the wake up sound effect for the purple Wiggle (Katty and Jeff for that matter)
- This video marked:
- The first appearance of Anthony's daughter Maria.
- The first studio video to be filmed in HD.
- Five Little Ducks was filmed in a studio for the first time, as it's first film clip from Wiggle Time released over 8 years earlier was footage from a concert.
- The final appearance of Greg until Surfer Jeff, as he left because of his Orthostatic Intolerance.
- The last video to have Sam Moran as a Wiggly Dancer, since he took over for Greg as the Yellow Wiggle.
- The final video of Jeff Fatt voicing Henry the Octopus until It's Always Christmas With You! as Paul Paddick took over.
- The last video to date to feature The Friendly Pirate Crew in a large capacity.
- The last video to be written by Greg Truman.
- The final time that Lyn Stuckey played Dorothy the Dinosaur before Emily McGlinn started playing her. Likewise, this was the first time Clare Field played Dorothy, as well as the only time that Zoe Velez voiced her in a studio video (she previously did her voiceover in Wiggledancing! Live In The U.S.A.).
- The final video to be shot at the Sydney Film and Television Studios and as such, is the last time when the Wigglehouse & S.S Feathersword sets from The Wiggles Show! are used.
- The last time a video premiered on Playhouse Disney.
- The last video until Surfer Jeff to have the catchphrases "Oh No! Oh What!" and "HUH?!? HUH?!? HUH?", likewise, it is the first time The Wiggles did the catchphrase in different variations, in this video, finger blubbering was the first variation of the catchphrase.
- The last video until Hot Poppin' Popcorn when The Wiggles went "HUH?!?" when they're confused. However, in the Dorothy the Dinosaur's Rockin' Christmas, where Poppie and Fernie did the catchphrase when confused with Elfis' Impersonations of Elvis Presley.
- The last appearance of Magdalena the Mermaid until Choo Choo Trains, Propeller Planes & Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car!.
- The only US DVD to have a Strawberry Shortcake Trailer.
- This is the last video where Greg is the passenger of the Big Red Boat, in addition the last video where he has black hair and having him wear his 2002 skivvy until The Wiggles Reunion Show.
- In North America, this is the last DVD to be distributed by HIT Entertainment. However, HIT Entertainment continued to release Wiggles videos in the UK until 2012.
- The song Run, Run, Run Away (A Storm Is On It's Way) doesn't appear on the album.
- Wags The Dog, He Likes To Tango is heard briefly in one scene. Additionally, accordion arrangements of Move Your Arms Like Henry and Captain Feathersword are heard in another scene.
- Clocking in at 90 minutes, this is one of The Wiggles' longest videos to date. As such, many fans refer to this as a spiritual successor to The Wiggles Movie.
- Fans consider this video a direct to video The Wiggles Show! (TV Series 4 & 5) special or finale.
- Two members of The Latin American Wiggles appear in this video, with Zoe Velez as the voice of Dorothy the Dinosaur and Katty Villafuerte as an audience member in Stamp Your Feet (To the Heavy Beat).
- Murray's alter-ego, Muzza, makes his first appearance.
- This is one of the Wiggles videos in particular where the background music was instrumental versions of many Wiggles classic songs: The Captain's Wavy Walk in one scene, I Love It When It Rains in two scenes, Hats in one scene, Di Dicki Do Dum in one scene, Dressing Up in one scene, Walking On The Moon in one scene and many more.
- In this video, all body movements had cartoon sound effects.
- A copy of the script is currently on display at The Wiggles Exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum.
- This is the only American DVD release of The Wiggles to have the 2007 HIT Entertainment logo.
- This video is yet to be uploaded on YouTube as part of Classic Wiggles.
- Melissa Doyle breaks the fourth wall in her cameo scene. when her son notices The Wiggles floating in the air, he softly says "Wiggles". Melissa asks "Wiggles?" and looks to the camera and says "when we get home" implying she might have thought her son asked to watch a video.
- The interlude to "I Love It When It Rains" is heard twice in this episode.
- Despite Elefterios Kourtis receiving a credit in the end credits, he is not seen in the video.
- In the Wake Up Wiggles scene, Greg's mouth movements don't match the speed of his words. This was likely an audio issue that was fixed in post-production by dubbing.
- The credits for Shakin' Like a Leafy Tree are missing Greg Page's name and Dominic Lindsay is credited for Stamp Your Feet (To the Heavy Beat).
- In the scene when Jeff was doing hand springs, it was actually not Jeff, but rather one of the Wiggly Dancers in a purple skivvy and black wig acting as his stunt double.
- When Captain Feathersword tells Alfonso he needs his pasta to warm him up for the rainy weather, it does not work that way because hot food gets cold easily, and the pasta could get wet from the rain.
- Link not available due to not being saved