|Rock & Roll Preschool|
March 4, 2015 (AUS)
58:31 (AUS Version)
Emma's Bowtiful Day! (2014)
Anthony's Fruity Feast! (2015)
"Rock & Roll Preschool" is the 48th Wiggles video that was released on March 4, 2015 in Australia and New Zealand, and on April 5, 2016 for North American audiences.
What's the school where you sing and dance all day? The Wiggles Rock & Roll Preschool! Emma, Lachy, Simon and Anthony have created over 20 songs for this video release that will top the charts of every home! You'll shake to 'That's the Sound of Rock & Roll', rise and shine with 'Wake Up!', swing along as you 'Dance with Emma' and shake your hips with 'Two Polite Elvises'. This amazing collection of swinging songs is really all shook up! The Wiggles are joined by friends, including La Bamba star Lou Diamond Phillips from the USA, Australian entertainer David Campbell and New Zealand's Robert Rakete. They really are rockin' all over the world! The Wiggles Rock & Roll Preschool is open now and the lesson for today is to have some fun!
Note: All songs are taken from the album of the same name.
- Rock & Roll Preschool
- That's the Sound of Rock & Roll
- Henry Likes Water
- I Went To The Library
- Dance With Emma
- Jess's Song
- Two Polite Elvises
- Mr Wardrobe
- Balla Balla Bambina
- It's A Tickle Party
- Ballerina, Ballerina
- Ukulele Rock
- Broccoli Bunch
- The Story Of Emma's Glasses
- Wake Up!
- Melbourne Amore
- Riding My Bike
- Goomy Galah
- It's Okay to Cry
- You Got The Drop
- Gooey, Gooey, Splidgy, Splodge, Splodge
- I Want A Leather Jacket
- This video aired on Treehouse TV on December 22, 2017.
- The DVD (and album) cover highly resemble the cover of American artist Bruce Springsteen's album Born in the U.S.A.
- The video was shown at Hoyts Cinemas in Australia and NZ. Greg Page and his kids Lara and Cameron attended the premiere screening.
- The DVD was originally classified PG for mild themes of grief and loss, and a feature called "Grief Counsellor" was listed as one of the extras. When the DVD was resubmitted for classification without the extra, it was allowed to be G. Based on the total run time of the two submissions, the missing Grief Counsellor extra would have run about 12 minutes.
- Actor Lou Diamond Phillips guest stars as the Preschool's principal.
- This DVD is Robert Rakete's second guest appearance on a Wiggles DVD after Wiggle House.
- This is the first video in which Lachy plays the Accordion.
- This is the first video in which Simon plays the Red Maton Bass Guitar.
- This video marks the return of the Red Maton Electric guitar when Dominic plays it in Two Polite Elvises.
- This is the last video to feature the 2009 ABC for Kids logo on the packaging, though The Wiggles Meet The Orchestra! is the last to feature it in the opening and closing.
- This is the last Wiggles DVD to have a booklet inside.
- Some prominent locations include the Rock & Roll Preschool and it's library, music room, and dance hall (the last of which heavily resembles the set used in the 1998 version of Get Ready To Wiggle from Wiggle Time!).
- Songs from this video can be seen in Wiggle Town!
- The outfits from Wiggly Safari (Dingo Tango) and Wiggle Bay (Dance A Cachuca) appear in Ballerina, Ballerina.
- A new version of Balla Balla Bambina appears, which takes a slower, softer approach from previous performances.
- Lots of the songs are adapted from other Wiggles or Cockroaches songs, such as I Want A Leather Jacket.
- Irish Stew, a song that appears on the album, is not included in the video. It would later make its debut on Wiggle Town!.
- This is Lauren's last appearance until Choo Choo Trains, Propeller Planes & Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car!.
- Riding My Bike and The Story of Emma's Glasses were seen originally on Ready, Steady, Wiggle! episodes performed live as part of skits.
- Emma says "Let's Have A Ceili" at the end of the prologue of Jess' Song, which is also the name of a song from Toot Toot!.
- Jae Nelson, who is the current drummer for The Wiggles, appears in the security guard clip as security for Lachy, and as the drummer in Goomy Galah.
- In Mr Wardrobe, a knight is seen at one point while following The Wiggles.
- All songs, except for Melbourne Amore, take place at the Rock & Roll Preschool.
- This is the first of only two Wiggles videos released in U.S. and Canada by Kaboom! Entertainment (the other being Wiggle Town!)
- The North American DVD is slowed down, and thus low-pitched, as a way of converting PAL to NTSC. Wiggle House and Wiggle Town! also share this issue (Apples & Bananas and NCircle's release of Go Santa Go! are also slowed down, but pitch corrected).
- Rock & Roll Preschool was later used in Duets.