|Taking Off! (video)|
March 6, 2013 (AUS)
Furry Tales (2013)
Taking Off! is the 41st video that was released on March 6, 2013. It is the first video with the new generation of The Wiggles.
It's all systems go with the first ever release from The Wiggles' new line-up, Anthony, Emma, Lachy and Simon! Featuring 19 wiggly songs, Taking Off! will provide you with a passport to fun. First off down the runway is 'Do the Propeller!', a catchy new tune that is sure to become a favourite. Then there's the 'bowtiful' song 'Emma (with the Bow in Her Hair)', 'Simon Says' which is based on the playful musical game, 'Beep! Beep! Buckle Up!' highlighting the importance of travelling safely and many more! So what are you waiting for? The air traffic controllers of fun have given the release the seal of approval. The Wiggles are Taking Off! on an exciting music adventure!
- Do the Propeller!
- Peanut Butter
- Beep! Beep! Buckle Up!
- Emma (with the Bow in Her Hair)
- Simon Says
- I've Got My Glasses On!
- Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, Turn Around
- Simon's Cold Water Blues
- Little Bunny Foo Foo
- Dorothy's Dance Party
- Everybody's Here
- Who Got Da Bones?
- Rock-A-Bye Your Bear
- Dancing on the High Seas
- The Shimmie Shake! (LIVE)
- Meteorology (the Study of the Atmosphere)
- Dance to Your Daddy
- Get Ready To Wiggle
- Alouette/Mimi's Dance
- Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car (Seen in an image of the album's booklet)
- Little Bunny Foo Foo (Outside version)
- I Stamp - Seen on Pumpkin Face
- Roll the Acrobats - Seen on Wiggle House
- Baby Keep Smiling - Seen on the album of this video.
More coming soon!
- Australia/New Zealand - March 6, 2013
- United States/Canada - August 13, 2013 (NCircle), November 17, 2017 (Kino Lorber Reissue)
- This video aired on Treehouse TV on December 1, 2017.
- This video marked:
- The whole video was filmed in England, Australia and Canada.
- Despite Greg, Jeff and Murray no longer being The Wiggles, they make cameos in this video as different human characters. Jeff makes a cameo in "Do the Propeller!" and "Little Bunny Foo Foo" as himself, "Emma (with the Bow in Her Hair)" as a king and "Who Got Da Bones?" as the waiter. Greg also makes a cameo as the passenger in "Emma (with the Bow in Her Hair)" and Murray cameos in "The Shimmie Shake!" along with Greg and Jeff.
- Jeff was also seen in a promo picture of "Little Bunny Foo Foo".
- At the end of "Do the Propeller!", Lachy's flag comes flying off his stick and off the back of the bus. He looks at it and laughs.
- The scene where Anthony can't do the propeller. Until, Captain Feathersword helps him in "Do the Propeller!" was originally used in "Celebration!".
- "Peanut Butter" was the first song filmed on May 17, 2012 after the "The Wiggles - A Message To Wiggles' Fans" retirement announcement video was uploaded on YouTube because The Wiggles didn't have any shoes to wear, not even Emma.
- "Little Bunny Foo Foo" was supposed to be filmed outside, but they decided to film it at a concert.
- The Christmas Celebration Tour! set is seen where The Wiggles are in the Big Red Car introducing themselves. This was filmed on December 23rd at the Sydney Entertainment Centre after the original Wiggles' final tour ended.
- Simon plays the Red Starry Keyboard in "Beep! Beep! Buckle Up!".
- In "The Shimmie Shake!", Greg, Jeff and Murray were dressed as buckets of popcorn.
- In "Emma (with the Bow in Her Hair)" when The Male Wiggles sing "One day we were walking on a windy day", a boat is in the background and people in the boat are waving at The Wiggles.
- Songs from the video can be seen in Ready, Steady, Wiggle!.
- Emma's hairstyle changes throughout the video. This happens again in the next video.
- According to the end credits, Mimi's full name is Marie-Michelle Bourgeau.
- In Get Ready To Wiggle the background singing is the same as the original. And for the first time, we have two lead singers for the verses and bridge. (Although Emma can be heard when more than one Wiggle is singing)
- In "Alouette/Mimi's Dance", the original music for "Little Bunny Foo Foo" is played while Mimi is dancing.
- Some of the songs that weren't used in this video such as "I Stamp" and "Roll the Acrobats" were later released on two later videos: Pumpkin Face and Wiggle House. Others such as an early draft of "Little Bunny Foo Foo" with Lachy as the bunny himself were abandoned because The Wiggles in their today's generation did want them to confuse their fans.
- The American DVD was pressed on April 4, 2013, a little less than a month after it released in Australia and four months before it released in America.
- In "Peanut Butter" Anthony eats it on toast but in Surfer Jeff says he is allergic to peanut butter and then performs Ooey, Ooey, Ooey Allergies!. Anthony Field (his actor) isn't actually allergic to peanut butter in reality, it was just a made up trait just for Surfer Jeff that they seem to have forgotten.
- Murray and Jeff's names are credited for Rock-A-Bye Your Bear, although they didn't write it. Similarly, Dominic Lindsay is credited on Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, Turn Around, even though he didn't write it.
- In the DVD's photo gallery, a picture from Roll the Acrobats is seen, but that song wasn't released until 2014, the year after this DVD was released. A picture from the original unused version of Little Bunny Foo Foo is also seen.