The Latin American Wiggles (Los Wiggles) are a Spanish-speaking franchise of The Wiggles created during the mid 2000s. The line-up is made up of Zoe Velez (Blue Wiggle), Fernando Moguel (Yellow Wiggle), Katty Villafuerte (Purple Wiggle) and Francisco Madrid (Red Wiggle).
The TV series they starred in originally aired on Disney Channel Latin America in 2006, but no official CDs or DVDs featuring the group were ever released. Select songs and film clips have appeared in mainline Australian Wiggles releases, often serving as the backing music to clips of animated Mariachi Wiggles; caricatures of the regular Wiggles dressed in sombreros and mustaches.
In 2018, Australia-based company Panita Productions acquired the rights to localize The Wiggles as Los Wiggles for Latin America, effectively reviving The Latin American Wiggles. Nothing from Panita Productions ever surfaced.
On May 22, 2021, Anthony Field announced on Twitter and Instagram that international Wiggles content (Taiwanese and Latin American) will be making its way to The Wiggles' YouTube channel. A Spanish-language Play Time video starring Francisco and Zoe will be on the YouTube channel as well.
On June 7, 2021, The Wiggles Uploaded a video of Francisco and Zoe announcing that The Spanish Wiggles clips would be uploaded to the channel soon, followed by the Spanish music video of Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?).
On June 11, 2021, the first episode of The Latin American Wiggles Show was released on the official Wiggles YouTube channel, with songs never before released, such as the Spanish versions of Henry's Dance, Shaky Shaky and D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur). All episodes have been confirmed to be released and will be uploaded every 2 weeks (some episodes were delayed due to other projects), along with Spanish Play Time videos that will air on the first Monday of every month.
Original run (2006)
Songs listed were featured in available TV episodes unless otherwise noted. DO NOT add any other songs until they are released.
- Una Rana Fue A Caminar (Wiggly Animation)
- Cochesote Rojo
- Bing Bang Bong (Es La Cancion De Un Pirata) (unaired Mariachi animation from March Digital's demo reel)
- Morenita En El Aro
- La Cubeta De Gotitas
- El Vuelo De Las Mariposas (Wiggly Animation)
- ¿Podrás (Apuntar Tus Dedos Y Hacer El Twist?)
- Captain Feathersword
- El Captain Feathersword Se Durmió en El Barco Pirata
- Los Botones Mágicos Del Capitán
- Pan Crujiente Hecho Con Miel
- Di Dicki Do Dum
- D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (Mi Dinosaurio Favorito)
- Dorothy (¿Te Invito A Bailar?)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Fiesta de Cumpleaños de Dorothy
- Codo Con Codo
- Cinco Patitos (Wiggly Animation)
- Cinco Canguritos
- Ensalada De Fruta
- Cancion de Georgia
- Listos Para Hacer El Wiggle
- Adivina Qué Es (Wiggly Animation)
- Gulp Gulp (Wiggly Animation)
- Gorra En Mi Cabeza
- Diversión En La Playa
- Cabeza, Hombros, Rodillas y Pies
- Henry the Octopus
- El Baile De Henry
- La Banda Submarina De Henry (brief clip of animation from March Digital's demo reel)
- Aquí Viene Un Oso
- Papa Caliente
- Soy Una Vaca (Wiggly Animation)
- Yo Puedo Hacer Tantas Cosas
- Subo Diez Escalones (Wiggly Animation)
- Me Veo En El Espejo
- Me Encanta Que Llueva
- Lucía Usa Un Martillo
- ¡Luces, Cámara, Acción, Wiggles!
- Fito El Gatito
- Muevete Como Un Emu
- Mueve Los Brazos Como Henry
- Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo
- Nuestro Barco Se Sacude Por El Mar
- Toca Tu Guitarra Con Francisco (confirmed thanks to a reply on Francisco's Instagram)
- Mece A Tu Osito
- Romp Bomp A Stomp
- Navegando Alrededor Del Mundo (part of the song was heard as the theme for the Sailing Around the World segment)
- Shaky Shaky
- Sydney Barcarolle
- Los Cuatro Regalos
- El Baile Del Chango
- Bip, Bip, El Cochesote Rojo
- Arca Del Tío Noé (Wiggly Animation)
- Sopa De Verduras (Wiggly Animation)
- Wags the Dog
- ¡Despierta Katty!
- Saluda a Wags
- Nos Gusta Saludar
- Estamos Bailando Con El Perro Wags (scrapped Mariachi Wiggles clip)
- Siempre Que Oigo Esta Música
- Wiggly Fiesta
- Bostezar, Bostezar, Bostezar
- Fernando Moguel Jr. as Fernando Wiggle
- Zoe Velez as Zoe Wiggle
- Frank Madrid as Francisco Wiggle
- Katty Villafuerte as Katty Wiggle
The Wiggly Friends
- John Martin as Captain Feathersword
- Mario Martinez-Diaz as the voice of Henry the Octopus
- Jennifer Andrade as the voice of Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Sam Moran as Professor Singalottasonga
- Fernando Moguel Sr. as various characters
The voice of Wags the Dog is currently unknown.
- Some of the Latin American Wiggles have worked for the original Australian Wiggles. Fernando Jorge Moguel and his family met The Wiggles on tour with Barney's Musical Castle, after which they collaborated a few times over the following years. Katty Villafuerte and Zoe Velez were Wiggly dancers in 2005-2006, and Zoe was an occasional English voice artist for Dorothy during this time as well, most prominently in Racing to the Rainbow. Fernando was also a Wiggly dancer for a time in 2007-2008, and Francisco was a Wiggly Dancer during the Live! Hot Potatoes! tour and later went on to play the dance instructor for Emma! Series 2.
- Sam Moran performs most of the backing vocals, with Brett Clarke also occasionally performing lower notes (such as in D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur)).
- According to Sam, the group re-recorded about "two or three albums worth" of songs for the project.
- From 2009 to 2011, a show called Dos y Dos aired on the American Spanish-language cable network Sopresa!. It starred characters who wore the same colours as the Wiggles singing songs in both Spanish and English. Whether the similarities to the Latin American Wiggles were intentional or not has yet to be confirmed.
- When uploaded to YouTube, the episodes were originally given names. However, around the time when Episodio 7 released, the titles were edited to just say "Episodio (insert episode number)'".
- Episodio 2, according to an end card from the master disc from The Wiggles Archives, was originally titled "Dorothy's Birthday Party". This is also the only episode of the Latin American Wiggles TV Series to have a completion date (12/12/2005).