The Latin American Wiggles (Los Wiggles) are a Spanish-speaking franchise of The Wiggles created during the mid 2000s. The line-up is made up of Zoe Velez (Blue Wiggle), Fernando Moguel (Yellow Wiggle), Katty Villafuerte (Purple Wiggle) and Francisco Madrid (Red Wiggle).
The TV series they starred in originally aired on Disney Channel Latin America in 2006, but no official CDs or DVDs featuring the group were ever released. Select songs and film clips have appeared in mainline Australian Wiggles releases, often serving as the backing music to clips of animated Mariachi Wiggles; caricatures of the regular Wiggles dressed in sombreros and mustaches.
In 2018, Australia-based company Panita Productions acquired the rights to localize The Wiggles as Los Wiggles for Latin America, effectively reviving The Latin American Wiggles. Nothing from Panita Productions ever surfaced.
On May 22, 2021, Anthony Field announced on Twitter and Instagram that international Wiggles content (Taiwanese and Latin American) will be making its way to The Wiggles' YouTube channel. A Spanish-language Play Time video starring Francisco and Zoe will be on the YouTube channel as well.
On June 7, 2021, The Wiggles Uploaded a video of Francisco and Zoe announcing that The Spanish Wiggles clips would be uploaded to the channel soon, followed by the Spanish music video of Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?).
On June 11, 2021, the first episode of The Latin American Wiggles Show was released on the official Wiggles YouTube channel, with songs never before released, such as the Spanish versions of Henry's Dance, Shaky Shaky and D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur). All episodes have been confirmed to be released and will be uploaded every 2 weeks (some episodes were delayed due to other projects), along with Spanish Play Time videos that will air on the first Tuesday of every month.
Songs listed were featured in available TV episodes unless otherwise noted.
- ABC (Play Time video)
- A Frog Went A Walking (Wiggly Animation)
- Big Red Car
- Brown Girl In The Ring
- Butterflies Flit (Wiggly Animation)
- Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?)
- Captain Feathersword
- Captain Feathersword Fell Asleep on His Pirate Ship (Quack Quack) (Mariachi Wiggles)
- Captain's Magic Buttons
- Crunchy Munchy Honey Cakes
- Di Dicki Do Dum
- D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur)
- Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Dorothy's Birthday Party
- Five Fingered Family (Play Time video)
- Five Little Joeys
- Fruit Salad
- Get Ready To Wiggle
- Head, Shoulders, Knees And Toes
- Henry's Dance
- Henry the Octopus
- Having Fun At The Beach
- Here Comes a Bear
- Hot Potato
- I Can Do So Many Things
- I Climb Ten Stairs (Wiggly Animation)
- I Look In The Mirror
- I Love It When It Rains
- Joannie Works With One Hammer
- Lights, Camera, Action, Wiggles!
- Marching Along
- Mitten The Kitten
- Move Like an Emu
- Move Your Arms Like Henry
- Our Boat Is Rocking On The Sea
- Rock-A-Bye Your Bear
- Romp Bomp A Stomp
- Sailing Around The World (part of the song was heard as the theme for the Sailing Around the World segment)
- Shaky Shaky
- Sorry Again
- Sydney Barcarolle
- The Monkey Dance
- The Wheels on the Bus (Play Time video)
- Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car
- Teddy Bear Hug
- Wags the Dog
- Wake Up Katty!
- Wave to Wags
- We Like To Say Hello
- Whenever I Hear This Music
- Wiggly Party
- Bing Bang Bong (That's a Pirate Song) (Mariachi Wiggles)
- Do The Owl
- Do the Wiggle Groove
- Five Little Ducks (Wiggly Animation)
- Gulp Gulp (Wiggly Animation)
- Henry's Underwater Big Band (Wiggly Animation)
- Henry the Octopus
- Hoop Dee Doo
- I'm a Cow (Wiggly Animation)
- Little Brown Ant (Wiggly Animation)
- Play Your Guitar With Francisco
- Uncle Noah's Ark (Wiggly Animation)
- Vegetable Soup (Wiggly Animation)
- We're Dancing With Wags The Dog (Mariachi Wiggles)
- Rolling Down The Sandhills/Running Up The Sandhills (Wiggly Animation)
- Wiggly Party (Wiggly Animation)
- Guess What? (Wiggly Animation)
- Zoe's Workshop
- Fernando Moguel Jr. as Fernando Wiggle
- Zoe Velez as Zoe Wiggle
- Frank Madrid as Francisco Wiggle
- Katty Villafuerte as Katty Wiggle
The Wiggly Friends
- John Martin as Captain Feathersword
- Mario Martinez-Diaz as the voice of Henry the Octopus
- Jennifer Andrade as the voice of Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Sam Moran as Professor Singalottasonga
- Fernando Moguel Sr. as various characters
The voice of Wags the Dog is currently unknown.
- Some of the Latin American Wiggles have worked for the original Australian Wiggles. Fernando Jorge Moguel and his family met The Wiggles on tour with Barney's Musical Castle, after which they collaborated a few times over the following years. Katty Villafuerte and Zoe Velez were Wiggly dancers in 2005-2006, and Zoe was an occasional English voice artist for Dorothy during this time as well, most prominently in Racing to the Rainbow. Fernando was also a Wiggly dancer for a time in 2007-2008, and Francisco went on to play the dance instructor for Emma! Series 2.
- Sam Moran performs most of the backing vocals, with Brett Clarke also occasionally performing lower notes (such as in D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur)).
- According to Sam, the group re-recorded about "two or three albums worth" of songs for the project.
- From 2009 to 2011, a show called Dos y Dos aired on the American Spanish-language cable network Sopresa!. It starred characters who wore the same colours as the Wiggles singing songs in both Spanish and English. Whether the similarities to the Latin American Wiggles were intentional or not has yet to be confirmed.