"We Like To Say Hello" is the second song about the Big Red Car from Wake Up Jeff!. The song is all about The Wiggles and their friends seen in the Big Red Car driving down the streets and say hello to everyone and beeping the car's horn.
The Big Red Car rolls along the street
And to all the people that we meet
We like to say hello (say hello)
To the people that we meet
In the back are Wags and Dorothy
Captain Feathersword and Henry
They like to say hello (say hello)
To the people that they meet
We beep the horn on the Big Red Car
We ride along and we travel far
Cos there's lots of people we can meet
In our Big Red Car
The road we travel is a bumpy ride
You know there's not a lot of room inside
As we sing our song
(Sing our song)
As we ride along
- Because of the Big Red Car getting an overhaul with only a capacity of four people, this song has been rarely performed due to the second verse talking about the Wiggly Friends being in the back of the car.
- This marks the final time that the Big Red Car appears as a cardboard cutout. Starting with The Wiggles Movie, the Big Red Car was redesigned to look like a real car and could hold a maximum capacity of four people.
- This song's music had adapted some parts from Big Red Car which appeared in their previous album of the same name.
- The song is played on the Big Red Car Kiddie Ride.
- This was the first song to be played in the second series of The Wiggles Show!
- On Xuxa's album and video "Xuxa Só Para Baixinhos", the Brazilian version is called Vamos Dizer Alô.
- The English version plays in A whereas the Brazillian version plays in G.
- This is the first song to feature Paul Paddick on backing vocals and Dominic Lindsay on trumpet.
- This is the first song to be engineered by Chris Brooks.