Wiggle Bay is the seventeenth Wiggles video special. It was released on September 30, 2002.
When The Wiggles and their friends sailed into Wiggle Bay, they were looking forward to a picnic by the sea. They found a magic shell, a curious note and Magdalena the beautiful mermaid! They found they had a mystery to solve and had lots of fun Dancing In The Sand! They all swam like fish, spent time Watching The Waves and Rolling Down The Sandhills. They danced a Cachuca, made some rosy tea and had a barbie on the beach. Join The Wiggles when they solve the mystery and return the golden key to its rightful owner. It’s a lot of fun and there’s lots of music and dancing at Wiggle Bay!
Note: All songs are taken from the album of the same name.
- Wiggle Bay
- Wiggly Sports Theme (later appeared in Whoo Hoo! Wiggly Gremlins!)
- Dancing In The Sand
- Swim Like A Fish
- C'est Wags, C'est Bon
- Dance A Cachuca
- Rolling Down The Sandhills/Running Up The Sandhills
- Let's Make Some Rosy Tea
- Zing Zang Wing Wang Wong
- Watching The Waves
- Let's Have A Barbie On The Beach
- Swim Like A Fish (Instrumental Reprise)
Intro for Wiggle Bay
- Song 1: Wiggle Bay
The Wiggles and their friends step off their rowboat and introduce themselves. They unload the boat in Wiggle time and relax for a bit. Captain Feathersword looks out at the bay and notices their boat has drifted off to sea because he forgot to tie up the boat. Now they are stuck in Wiggle Bay. Anthony suggests when things go wrong just sing a song.
- Song 2: Dancing In The Sand
The Wiggles go fishing, except for Jeff, who prefers to take a nap. Anthony casts his line into the water along with the whole rod. They see something glittering in the water.
- Song 3: Swim Like A Fish
The Wiggles net a shell with some writing on it, saying to pass it to someone you like. Wags the Dog suggests giving it to Dorothy, so they do just that.
- Song 4: C'est Wags, C'est Bon
The Wiggles meet Magdalena the Mermaid and Captain Feathersword has a dance with her, originated from Mexico, called the Cachuca.
- Song 5: Dance A Cachuca
Dorothy likes to look at the sandhills 'cause they like great to roll down.
The Wiggles find a bottle with a message but some of the writing has been smudged out from the water. They give the message to Dorothy, who somehow relates it to the shell she has.
- Song 7: Let's Make Some Rosy Tea
There's some magical treasure nearby and so The Wiggles get Wags to help dig it out. After scouting a couple of random locations with the audience's help, they find that Wags has located a spot. They start digging and find random objects, but Wags continues digging and finds a key! They decide that Captain Feathersword should hang on to the key for safekeeping.
- Song 8: Zing Zang Wing Wang Wong
The Wiggles talk with Magdalena and she remarks it's the key to Davy Jones' Locker. Captain Feathersword leaves with Magdalena to return the key to King Neptune.
- Song 9: Watching The Waves
Anthony gets hungry.
- Song 10: Let's Have A Barbie On The Beach
Captain Feathersword and Magdalena return with good news. King Neptune has found the boat and they have it now. King Neptune calls in to say thanks for getting the key back.
CD Songs (Seen in Space Dancing!)
- Paul Paddick - Captain Feathersword
- Corrine O'Rafferty - Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Andrew McCourt - Wags the Dog
- Kristy Talbot - Henry the Octopus
- Naomi Wallace - Magdalena the Mermaid
- Jeff Fatt - Henry and Wags' Voice (Uncredited)
- Paul Paddick - Wag's Voice (Uncredited, some portions)
- Jacqueline Field - Dorothy's Voice
- Nicholas Bufalo - King Neptune's Voice
- January 26, 2004 (ABC TV)
- June 14, 2004 (ABC TV)
- March 25, 2005 (ABC TV)
- February 17, 2006 (ABC TV)
- April 14, 2006 (ABC TV)
- February 12, 2007 (ABC TV)
- The instrumental version of the song Anthony's Workshop from the TV Series 3 is played when The Wiggly Group are spending time on Wiggle Bay. Community Service Announcement! and Wiggly Sports Theme are also played.
- When Captain Feathersword and Magdalena go to give the golden key to King Neptune, you can hear Henry the Octopus' voice and Dorothy says "good luck, Henry", even though he isn't with them.
- A trailer for this video was seen on Wiggly Safari on VHS and DVD.
- This is one of the very few videos to be released in North America a year after the Australian release.
- This video was the first to be made in 16:9 widescreen, although most versions were cropped to 4:3 full screen. The version used on the Australian VHS was cropped to 14:9 (also known as "halfway widescreen") and this was later used for the OG Wiggles YouTube upload of the video and iTunes download.
- This is the second non-concert video to be filmed on location instead of in a studio, the first was Wiggly Safari and the third was Cold Spaghetti Western (video). This video was filmed at Warriewood Beach, Australia.
- The Wiggles are wearing Hawaiian necklaces throughout the entire video, this makes this the first video where The Wiggles looked different during the video while they looked the same once or twice, the others included Space Dancing! and Cold Spaghetti Western, however, in Space Dancing! and this video, they were in their normal outfits during the video, whereas in Cold Spaghetti Western, they wore cowboy outfits during the video and only wore their regular outfits once. also in Space Dancing!, they were animated while the beginning and end remained in live-action.
- This video was uploaded on YouTube starting on August 13, 2020 as part of the OG Wiggles series.
- The end credits style is also used in Whoo Hoo! Wiggly Gremlins!.
- This is the first video to be directed by Nicholas Bufalo.
- Jeff's shirt becomes untucked during Running Up The Sandhills but is fixed afterwards. This is the third time, the first one was Yummy Yummy and the second one was Toot Toot!.
- Songs from this video can be seen in TV Series 3.
- Long shots during the opening song (specifically whenever they're actually on water) show Wags and Dorothy in older costumes meaning they were shot at a different time from the medium and close-up shots (where they're pretending to row the boat while it's on land). This could possibly be due to fear of water exposure to the current costumes.
- Additionally, Captain is seen in his wetsuit version of his costume in the long shots and his normal costume in the close-ups, likely for the same reason.
- The UK DVD is a double feature with Splish Splash Big Red Boat.
- The video was released the same day TV Series 3 premiered.
- The US cover has a noticeably different design on the surfboard.
- In 2006, the US DVD was repackaged, replacing the P22 Daddy O Hip font on the cover with The Wiggles' current custom-made "Wiglet" font. This was likely done for the release of A Wiggle-Tastic Collection.
- This is the last Wiggles VHS cover to have the old ABC Video logo.
- The blue Maton electric Guitar didn't feature in this video although it was seen in the cover.
- This is the first US VHS or DVD that comes with an insert.
- This is also the last US VHS and DVD to have the purple stone warning screens.
- It's also the first Wiggles HIT Entertainment US VHS and DVD to not have a trailer of Barney, the others included Space Dancing and Racing to the Rainbow
- In Canada, this was the first Wiggles HIT Entertainment VHS and DVD to have a trailer of Oswald.
- This video was released after Greg Page's mother in law named Jane Hill died.
- The Screener VHS has no previews at the beginning and no Wiggles toys promo at the end whatsoever.
- The American trailer for this video was The Wiggles' first American trailer since the 2002 trailer of Wiggly Play Time to be narrated by Dean Barnett, however, it only mentioned the members of the group instead of the name.
- This is the first video with a plot to have songs put in a TV Series.
- In 2006, some DVD copies come with a bonus DVD of Lights, Camera, Action, Wiggles!.
- Later, Anthony revealed in his book that he was in pain during the filming of some of the beachside scenes, as the salt water got into his mouth and irritated his gums.
- This video was released in two different aspect ratios:
- 4:3 (All DVDs and US/CA VHS)
- 14:9 (AU VHS, ABC TV airings, OG Wiggles)
- The VHS inside cover advertises the following videos:
- Classic Wiggles Part 4 thumbnail uses the same picture of Anthony from Wiggledance!.
- Paul Paddick does his Captain Feathersword voice when narrating the trailer.
- When Captain Feathersword says "Oh, dear! Oh, dear!" when sees the boat drifting out to sea, the same voice clip is used twice, only the second time it's used, it cuts off after he says "Oh..." in the second "Oh, dear!".