|“||It is Jeff Wiggle, the greatest singer ever!||”|
The Wiggles TV Series 1, Episode 9
September 25, 1998 (AUS)
|Approx. Running Time|
Wiggle Opera is the 9th episode of TV Series 1.
Jeff listens to opera music and sleeps. When he wakes up, he transforms into an opera star.
Kindergarten Text Types
Kids playing at the playground.
Jeff bought a music track of the Opera and the Jungle. Anthony was listening to music and said hi to Jeff really loud, who tells him that there is no need to shout. Anthony took the headphones off and Jeff showed him the music tracks that he bought from the music shop. Anthony gave the headphones to Jeff and leaves to get a snack. Jeff decides to listen to the opera first and sits on his Alarm Clock Chair.
After some time has passed, Jeff falls asleep while listening to the opera. Meanwhile, Anthony is juggling some apples, Murray is playing his Red Starry Guitar, Greg is reading a book and Captain Feathersword comes by on his unicycle. The next day, Jeff is still sleeping while Wags the Dog is playing with his ball and Captain Feathersword continues to ride his unicycle.
It has been days and days that he has been listening to that CD, so The Awake Wiggles decide to wake him up. They called out "Wake Up Jeff!", but he couldn't hear them since he had the headphones on. They took it off and called out "Wake Up Jeff!" again. Then when Jeff woke up, he started to sing like a opera lady. The Wiggles think that they have to do something, so Greg thought of making him fall asleep again so he will get back to normal. He went back to sleep and Anthony turned the CD to the jungle but it wasn't playing but when he woke up again, he sounded normal again but then when he went back to sleep and then woke up again, he started to think he is a animal. They say that monkeys are friendly but lions aren't and Greg, Murray, and Anthony ran away when Jeff is chasing them like a lion.
Henry the Octopus hosts a sports day with the gang.
Wags paints a picture, and Captain Feathersword gets inspired to paint one too!
Song 3: O Epoe Tooki Tooki (new video, new audio recording)
Wiggly Chase Scene
Jeff's keyboard Chase
- Jeff plays the Takamine acoustic guitar on the song, "O Epoe Tooki Tooki".
- The music videos, "Wake Up Jeff" and "O Epoe Tooki Tooki" cannot be found on any of the video's releases and were filmed just for the series.
- The painting of The Wiggles later appeared in Dorothy The Dinosaur (Tell Me Who Is That Knocking?).
- In North America, this episode was featured on the Bob The Builder: Spud's Favorite Adventures and Barney: Ready, Set, Play! DVDs in 2004 and the Thomas & Friends: Thomas' Sodor Celebration! DVDs in 2005.
- At the beginning of Dorothy the Dinosaur, the opening drumbeat was removed.
- This is the first time we see O Epoe Tooki Tooki in a music video. The current line-up would later perform this song in 2013 for their latest series at the time, Ready Steady Wiggle!.
- On December 20th 2020, the episode was uploaded on The Wiggles (YouTube channel).
- Jeff's keyboard Chase appears in the "Wake Up Jeff!" International video releases replacing the Everybody is Clever song
- Will Jeff ever wake up?
- How will the Wiggles wake him?
- What will happen when he does?
- Jeff the Lion; Wags' Masterpiece (Sprout name) Wiggly Opera