The Wiggles TV Series 2, Episode 24
|Approx. Running Time||
Work is the 24th episode of TV Series 2.
- Hot Potato from Yummy Yummy
- We Be Pirates
- Joannie Works With One Hammer from Yummy Yummy
- I Love It When It Rains from Wiggle Time!
- Do the Wiggle Groove from The Wiggly Big Show and Toot Toot Show!
Flora Door is practicing her greetings but needs people to do her activity. So she wakes up the Wiggles. The Wiggles want to go outside but Flora can't see them, so the Wiggles go around the back. Then they ask to come in please, but Flora says they aren't properly dressed to come in the front door so they have to go in through the back again.
Paul the Cook has some hot potatoes, cold spaghetti, and mashed bananas. Greg introduces a song and warns the audience to look out for Captain Feathersword.
Captain Feathersword wakes up Wags. He tells his pirate crew that Wags is going to work. Wags gets up and takes a seat. The pirates do a dance. Afterwards one of the pirates asks what did Wags do that was work? Captain Feathersword answers: he's a watchdog.
Anthony is with four children playing with coloured dough and tells the good things about what to do with dough, like hammering.
The Wiggles are in Dorothy's Garden trying out a new song, Fruit Salad, when Dorothy interrupts and asks them what they are doing. The Wiggles tell Dorothy that they are working hard. Dorothy questions why they are having fun, and the Wiggles answer it's okay to work and have fun.
Captain Feathersword gets to babysit The Wagettes while Henry and Wags go fishing, but the Wagettes have other ideas and escape outside. Captain chases them down different wiggle streets such as Back to Front Street, Upside Down Street, Slippery Street and Twirly Street. Here, the Wagettes are stopped by Officer Beaples before the Captain, who can't stop spinning, grabs her and keeps going with the Wagettes following them. When Henry and Wags (who, despite not being able to catch any fish, had enjoyed their fishing trip) return, Captain and the Wagettes are all wiped out asleep. Henry agrees to watch TV with Wags for a bit before heading home.
Greg practices his magic, and Jeff practices his keyboarding. Hard work can be fun too!
- Currently what is the only known change from the original GMTV version is the voice revealing the streets The Wagettes are currently being different takes and an added narration for Twirly Street was cut from the 21-minute version, this version was apart of the Captain Feathersword the Friendly Pirate video that was released a month after the series premiered on Seven Network, the other changes made are unknown as the 21-minute version of the episode is the only version of the episode to be aired on Seven Network, reran and released on home video in all countries (including the TV Series 2 Collector's Edition).
- When the Wagettes are on Back to Front Street, the audio song clip of "Go Captain Feathersword, Ahoy!" is played sped-up and in reverse.
- This is the second time Anthony plays the Red Starry Guitar. The first time was in Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas.
- This is the last time that the Red Starry Guitar has different guitar strings. The first time was Lilly.
- In this episode it's revealed that the Red Starry Guitar has an on and off button (which is really the pickup switch but without the cap) when Anthony said he forgot to turn the guitar on.
- This is one of the few times The Wiggles say the opposite of "Wake Up Jeff!" (Go to Sleep Jeff!).